The Walking Dead, Vol. 9: Here We Remain by…

The Walking Dead, Vol. 9: Here We Remain (edition 2011)

by Robert Kirkman, Charles Adlard, Cliff Rathburn

Other authors:Charles Adlard, Cliff Rathburn
Info:Image Comics (2011), Kindle Edition, 136 pages
Collections:Your library, KindleBook, Read in 2013
Rating:****1/2
Tags:american literature, fiction, graphic novel, zombies

The Walking Dead, Volume 9: Here We Remain by Robert Kirkman

2009 (7) 2010 (5) 2011 (4) 2012 (5) 2013 (5) apocalypse (11) comic (9) comic book (8) comic books (5) comics (38) dystopia (4) dystopian (5) family (5) fantasy (4) fiction (36) graphic novel (100) horror (47) image (9) own (4) post-apocalyptic (20) read (12) read in 2010 (5) read in 2012 (7) science fiction (8) series (17) sf (4) survival (12) tpb (4) Walking Dead (20) zombies (86)

English (13)  French (2)  All languages (15)
In this volume we learn what happened in the aftermath of the attack on the prison. But really we only know who is for sure still alive, because no one actually saw anyone else die. And the gang decides how to proceed from here.

As usual, the mayhem of last volume is balanced by a volume of quiet, introspective desperation. The next one will probably be crazy again. ( )
  norabelle414 | Apr 3, 2014 |
The Walking Dead issues #49–54

I just . . . why would . . . it's so . . . sigh. I don't know how the rest of the books are going to be now. ( )
  OstensiblyA1 | Sep 20, 2013 |
I can't say anything more about the series that I haven't already said. ( )
  lesmel | May 19, 2013 |
So deceptive Kirkman, he throws in these quieter issues where not alot happens. Because that means the next volume all hell's breaking loose. Tricky. ( )
  akmargie | Apr 4, 2013 |
So, I'm not saying the characters are overly multi-dimensional, because they're just not. But this volume is much more contemplative - less actiony - and it's not a bad thing.

There is still plenty of things going on. Carl and Rick have to make their way forward, and it's not easy. But decent stuff happens, the whole hordes/herds thing is explained a little bit, and there are new characters. I a cool with all of that. Except for the return of the damn farm, but luckily that doesn't seem to be something I have to worry too much about. ( )
  suzemo | Mar 31, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Can you open this?

In the last volume we learned that no one is safe. Now, after the staggering losses they've sustained, Rick and Carl are left to pick up the pieces and carry on, knowing that they could join their fallen friends and family at any moment.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,484,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible