Evolution by John Peel

This is the first of the Missing Adventure books I have read and I enjoyed it. The character of Sarah Jane is fleshed out, the author makes her more aggressive and violent then in the TV show. The only thing about the book that I would have changed would be a little more action for the 4th doctor. ( )
  texvelis | May 2, 2018 |
Just what I like in a Fourth Doctor story: six different kinds of horror mixed up with Victorian mad scientists and self-insert backstories for famous works of art. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Dec 22, 2015 |
Sarah Jane wants to meet Kipling but instead of India, the TARDIS materialises in Devon about ten years before the intended arrival time. They do meet Kipling - who is still at school - and get tangled in an investigation about a hound on the moors and strange underwater creatures in the bay. The investigation is joined by Arthur Conan Doyle, serving as a ship's surgeon, who, in the course of the story, gets one or two ideas for his stories from the Doctor. ( )
  mari_reads | Sep 5, 2008 |

A glorious Victorian romp featuring the young Arthur Conan Doyle (just after I discovered my own obscure family connection with him) and an even younger Rudyard Kipling, combined with affectionate references to those classic Fourth Doctor stories, "Horror of Fang Rock" and "The Talons of Weng-Chiang". ( )
  nwhyte | Nov 30, 2006 |
He had been human once.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,553,359 books! | Top bar: Always visible