A Dangerous Path (Warriors, Book 5) by Erin…

A Dangerous Path (Warriors, Book 5) (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Erin Hunter

Member:RockingRobin
Title:A Dangerous Path (Warriors, Book 5)
Authors:Erin Hunter
Info:HarperCollins (2004), Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Read in 2013, Favorites
Rating:*****

A Dangerous Path (Warriors, Book 5) by Erin Hunter (2004)

Recently added bysncase1, private library, MissHarden, -sunny-, ChickensAreBrave, DianeJensen, lupinsnape

English (14)  German (1)  All languages (15)
Fireheart, still the clan deputy knows that Tigerstar is up to something bad. But Fireheart has a bigger problem, a group of dogs moved in at the Snake Rocks. Bluestar gives Cloudpaw his warrior name, Cloudtail, but no other apprentices got their warrior names making them jealous. Swiftpaw (one of the apprentices) got really mad about that and tried to convince the other apprentices to go with his and defeat them to save ThunderClan. But only one other apprentice said yes Bightpaw. When they left, the next day the mentors Longtail (Swiftpaw's mentor) and Whitestorm (Brightpaw's mentor) couldn't find them that's when Fernpaw finally told them that they went out to fight the dogs. But Fireheart didn't get there in time, when they got there Swiftpaw and Brightpaw were all bloody. Sadly Swiftpaw was already dead and Brightpaw barley alive. When Bightpaw was still too injured to talk she kept saying in her sleep "pack, pack, kill, kill". When she got well enough to do average cats duties, Bluestar gave her, her warrior name Lostface. Tigerstar put a trail of rabbits that led from the Snake Rocks to the entrance of the ThunderClan and at the end of the rabbit trail one of the ShadowClan warriors killed Brindleface so the dogs would have the taste of cats and destroy ThunderClan. But luckily Fireheart caught that and separated the trail before the dogs caught on. All the ThunderClan cats went to the Sunning Rocks to be safe. Then Fireheart made a plan to lure the lead dog off the gorge and hopefully the others would follow. Fireheart was the last cat that the dogs were following but the lead dog caught him and right before the dog was going to put the death blow on Fireheart Bluestar came and head-butted the lead dog close to the edge. But the edge couldn't hold them and it broke, the leader and three other dogs fell including Bluestar! She was drowning until Fireheart saved her and the Stonefur and Mistyfoot (Bluestar's only litter) helped them out. They excepted her apology and she died peacefully. When Fireheart was renamed as Firestar he changed Lostface to Brightheart.

This book wasn't my favorite, but I still liked it. So keep that in mind. Because so many cats die and that's really sad to me. And Bluestar was paranoid on everyone's a trader and ThunderClan isn't ThunderClan any more. I didn't like it. But the best part of the book was when Graystripe joined ThunderClan again. ( )
  JuliaW.G3 | Dec 28, 2013 |
Wow. I keep thinking these books are going to get predictable and boring but they do not. I totally adore them. LOVE these books, but not much to review except commentary on things going on:

Things are heating up as Tigerstar becomes leader of Shadowclan. Fireheart has to speak at a clan meeting for the first time. I keep wanting Fireheart and Sandstorm to get together and have kittens but in this book, after several falling outs, they at least declare that they love each other.

Bluestar continues to decline, almost going completely mental but comes back at the end only to die and obviously Fireheart is about to become clan leader in book 6.

I’m so sick of Tigerstar, I wish Fireheart would defeat him already, but I suspect that will take place in book 6.

Greystripe FINALLY returns to Thunderclan after Riverclan kicks him out for not attacking Fireheart. I am so glad Fireheart has his best friend back.

The only thing that bothered me about this book was how crazy Bluestar was becoming. I hated her renaming the cat (can’t remember original name now) Lostface, I found that particularly cruel. But at least Bluestar regains some rationality before she dies at the end.

MerryMeerkat | Sep 26, 2013 |
I appreciated the fact that this book stands well on its own, despite the fact that it's part of a series with a continuing storyline. In other words, you can read it on its own and still feel like you've read a complete story instead of only part of one. Obviously reading the previous books makes the reading experience a bit richer, but still .....

Anyway, the kids and I found this to be an enjoyable book overall. But I feel a word of warning is warranted for younger reader and their parents. The series has been getting progressively darker for a couple of books now. That bent takes a pretty sharp turn in this book and might not be suitable for sensitive readers. ( )
  TnTexas | Apr 1, 2013 |
Such a beautiful, imaginative series. I choose to believe this is what happened to my Taz after she went missing. I can easily picture her being Shadow Clan. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 9, 2012 |
I have to say that the danger in the dangerous path was certainly true. There was a lot of cruel moments that had to be passed through. ( )
  kenzie12368 | Apr 14, 2012 |
To the real Bramblepaw. Special thanks to Cherith Baldry.
Prologue: Inside the kennel-that-moves, everything was dark.

AR 5.9; 12 Pts

ShadowClan has a dark new leader, but will he be satisfied with his power now -- or does his desire for revenge burn even more strongly? Fireheart fears that there is a connection between the rise of Tigerstar and the terrible dreams that haunt his nights, murmuring of danger and death.

Meanwhile, a mysterious and vicious threat unlike any other has invaded the forest, placing every cat's life in peril. Fireheart's beloved leader has turned her back on their warrior ancestors, and Fireheart can't help but wonder if she's right. Has StarClan abandoned them forever?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:34 -0400)

Tigerclaw is back and more dangerous than ever as the new leader of ShadowClan, but he is not the most terrifying enemy Fireheart must face as a new force sweeps through the woods.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,651,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible