Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl
    True Confessions by Rachel Gibson (f_ing_kangaroo)
    Cowboy Trouble by Joanne Kennedy (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: Both story lines feature a woman who moves from the big city to a small town. Both stories are fun and humorous with a relatively light side of suspense. Cowboy Trouble is a light Western about a city girl determined to run a chicken farm who investigates the town's one disappearance for the local newspaper (and with the help of her hunky neighbor). Talk Me Down has romance/erotica writer Molly moving back to her hometown and drawing inspiration from her old crush - the local sheriff - which someone locally is not at all happy about.… (more)
    All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins (Jac8604)

Talk Me Down
3.5 Stars

Molly Jennings is a writer of erotic romance, but she keeps her profession secret from her family and friends. After a difficult break-up, Molly returns home to Tumble Creek to escape her manipulative ex and becomes involved with her childhood crush turned Chief of Police, Ben Lawson. No stranger to scandal, Ben is wary of falling for the secretive Molly, but must put his reservations aside when someone starts stalking her...

Molly is an endearing mix of witty sarcasm and ditzy silliness. Despite her often good intentions, she is constantly getting into trouble and calling Ben to come to the rescue. For most of the book, Ben is an incredible hero, sexy, honorable and loving. Unfortunately, toward the end, he turns into a petulant, sanctimonious jerk whose humungous ego almost gets Molly killed.

The plot is comprised of two main threads, Molly’s secret profession and her creepy stalker. While the keeping secrets trope is usually a no-no for me, in this particular case it isn’t too bad perhaps because Ben is aware of the secret from the get go.

The suspense plot seems obvious and straightforward at first but the twist at the end caught me completely by surprise, so kudos to Dahl in this respect.

All in all, a mostly light and entertaining read with a heart-pounding climax. Will read more by this author. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
I only got to chapter 4 on this audiobook. I found it a bit to focused on their thoughts of how attractive the other person is.. and not enough actual interaction between them. Then when she starts to fantasize about him in great detail and "enjoys herself"... that was enough for me. I am not a prude or anything, but I tend to not enjoy books when they are so focused on sex this early on in the books. Just too much of it for me. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Just when I thought the Donnelly series was my favorite... I just finished book one of Tumble Creek - and I'm on board with this one. Great story and great characters...can't wait to dig into the next one! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
Sweet, funny and oh so hot. Never am insulte to the intelligence. A perefect romance which was just what I needed! ( )
  veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
  veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
This book is dedicated to Jennifer, who convinced me I could -- and should -- write this story. I honestly couldn't have donit it without you, Jif. Thank you.
Molly Jennings stood frozen in dismay, staring over the tiny coffee section of the tiny Tumble Creek Market.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373773560, Mass Market Paperback)

Molly Jenkins has one naughty little secret: her job as a bestselling erotic fiction author. Until her inspiration runs dry—thanks to a creepy ex—and it's time to skip town and move back to tiny Tumble Creek, Colorado.

One look at former high school hunk chief of police Ben Lawson and Molly is back in business. The town gossip is buzzing at her door and, worse still, a stalker seems to be watching her every move. Thankfully, her very own lawman has taken to coming over, often. The only problem now is that Molly may have to let the cat out of the bag about her chosen profession, and straitlaced Ben will definitely not approve.…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:21 -0400)

Molly Jenkins has a secret job as a bestselling erotic fiction author, but when a creepy ex threatens to blow her cover, she returns to her hometown to lay low. When she falls for the former high school heartthrob--now the chief of police--Molly must reignite her writing career, fight off the town gossips as well as a stalker, and hide it all from her newfound beau.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,388,971 books! | Top bar: Always visible