Magician: Apprentice by Raymond Feist
Recently added byhiraedd, AFDFIM, Darksyde, rija74, CassieHandford, ISCCSandy, private library, lakbear, Bryce_Blackwell

Raymond E. Feist needs a really good editor. It could be good, but they need to make it like 1/3 as long. There are so many irrelevant characters and details. ( )
  gregrr | Oct 30, 2018 |
Re-read in December 2014. This was still a really fun read that held up to the 20+ years since the last time I read it. Moving on to others in this series to start 2015. ( )
  ConalO | Apr 23, 2018 |
fantasy ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I got this book from a reddit secret santa. I’ve been kinda staying away from high fantasy, but I gave this a shot. It reminded me why I used to love reading high fantasy. Yes, it takes itself very seriously. Yes, I laughed at the use of some of the tropes. But it did have a comfortable feel. A boy fated to become a magician. Good and evil in conflict. Saving the kingdom! It is pretty standard stuff, but enjoyable. ( )
  jlharmon | Nov 3, 2016 |
The start of a series.

Pug is a young orphan who becomes a apprentice to the magician.

His world is invaded.

What will happen to Pug, Tomas, Caroline and their world?

I will need to keep going to find out. ( )
  nx74defiant | Aug 1, 2016 |

Raymond Feistprimary authorall editionscalculated
Glass, Bryan J. L.main authorall editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

A boy's will is the wind's will, And the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts. – Longfellow, My Lost Youth
This book is dedicated to the memory of my father, Felix E. Feist, in all ways, a magician.
The storm had broken.
This worrying about the future is a dry sort of work. I think it would be benefited by a mug of strong ale.
Issue of the comic adaptation. Do not combine with the novel of the same name.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553564943, Mass Market Paperback)

To the forest on the shore of the Kingdom of the Isles, the orphan Pug came to study with the master magician Kulgan. But though his courage won him a place at court and the heart of a lovely Princess, he was ill at ease with the normal ways of wizardry. Yet Pug's strange sort of magic would one day change forever the fates of two worlds. For dark beings from another world had opened a rift in the fabric of spacetime to being again the age-old battle between the forces of Order and Chaos.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:56 -0400)

To the forest on the shore of the Kingdom of the Isles, the orphan called Pug came to study with the master magician Kulgan. But though his courage won him a place at court and the heart of a lovely Princess, he was ill at ease with the normal ways of wizardry. Yet Pug's strange sort of magic would one day change forever the fates of two worlds. For dark beings from another world had opened a rift in the fabric of spacetime to begin again the age-old battle between the forces of Order and Chaos.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,225,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible