All I Want Is Everything by Cecily von…

All I Want Is Everything (2003)

by Cecily von Ziegesar

This book brings back the clever wit, the mix of earnestness & mockery, and the trashy fun, of the first Gossip Girl book. It was everything I wanted it to be. ( )
  Sweet_Serenity | Mar 14, 2019 |
It's ridiculous how stuck up and bitchy these characters are, but I just can't help but keep reading. It's like a little guilty pleasure. There lives and stories are so silly that it makes me laugh. I can't help but want to know what else is going to happen.

I've never seen the television show, so this whole world is new to me. I have nothing to compare it too. But I think I am already going to like the books better. They just seem a little more stupid then what they would appear on screen.

I love New York and fashion, so that's probably a good reason to why I'm staying attached to the characters. I like reading about all the fancy duds they are wearing.

I do however want to punch Blair in the face. Does that make me a horrible person?

I recommend this as a quick read, an entertaining read. There's no substance or value in it, and you don't learn a lesson at the end. But hey, it's funny. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
Nothing surprising here, except I love it when a character in an otherwise fluffy book has serious literary pretensions. Especially poetic ones. Because then every now and again I get surprised by a great big genuine belly laugh:

Sluts
[By Daniel, a dolorous high school poet. This poem magically gets accepted for publication in the New Yorker. The New Yorker! Because, yeah, that could totally happen. Totally. I mean, it's Just So Profound.]

wipe the sleep from my eyes and pour me another cup

i see what you've been trying to tell me all along

shaving your head and handling me (so delicately)

with satin and lace:

you're a whore

--------------------------------------------------​
My version would go a little something like this:

Chick Lit

pour me another glass of champagne

while i wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes.

i see what you've been trying to show me all along:

your genius lies in your unabashed absurdity (such absurdity!).

i should just sit back and accept that you

are the literary equivalent of a small-town stripper:

not very talented but still so entertaining.

you keep writhing on my lap,

and i keep turning the page. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
Now that Blair and Nate are over, Serena and Blair have become best friends again. Vanessa is in deep trouble for posting a video of Nate and Jenny half naked on the internet, getting Dan mad at her. A rock-star Flow becomes obsessed with Serena, and falls in love with her while Serena has no interest in him. Blair then goes with Serena to St. Bart's for Christmas vacation.

There's not much to say about this one, its definitely fluff, I gave the first two installments in this series 4 stars, but this one 3 since its not that good. ( )
  AlexisLovesBooks | Feb 9, 2016 |

There's not much to say about this one, its definitely fluff. ( )
  AlexisLovesBooks | Jan 26, 2016 |
I wanna, I wanna, I gotta be adored. - The Stone Roses
Christmastime in New York City really is magical, especially uptown.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0316912123, Paperback)

S and B and J and N are back, along with A, D, V, and assorted other rich, catty Manhattan teenagers in this third installment of the Gossip Girl series. An omniscient and anonymous narrator keeps track of the scene in www.gossipgirl.net (now an actual site), where the rumors fly, backs are stabbed, and celebrity sightings are dutifully reported. Serena (S) and Blair (B) are best friends again, shoring each other up as Blair faces life without her ex, Nate, who has hooked up with a sweet, busty 14-year-old, and Serena fends off advances from drop-dead-gorgeous rock star, Flow. Life’s rough. Meanwhile, Vanessa and Dan play the will-he/won’t-he game of sex, and Aaron tries to thwart his own crush on new stepsister Blair.

They’re the teens you love to hate, and yet it’s not all trash. Beneath the designer name-obsessed veneer and the nasty soap opera quality of Gossip Girl novels, there’s plenty that’s true and real for any teenager. Angst, creative passion, love, college applications, drinking, smoking, sex…sure, these kids are obnoxious and spoiled, but their core issues are not a million miles away from every other teen’s. And you know you love it. (Ages 14 and older) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:27 -0400)

Chronicles the activities of two friends, Serena and Blair, and a group of wealthy students from exclusive private schools in Manhattan during Christmas break of their senior year.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,339,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible