An Army of Davids: How Markets and…

An Army of Davids: How Markets and Technology Empower Ordinary People to…

by Glenn Reynolds

155None76,769 (3.58)None

Moves along, but its sloppy. If you like his blog you'll like the book. But if you expect a book to have substance beyond personal opinion, "that feels right to me" as a way of evaluating claims, and a mish-mash of whatever topics appeal to the author, well look elsewhere. ( )
  TomSlee | Oct 1, 2008 |
This book talks about examples and ramifications of the distribution of innovation.

Examples of this include: Bloggers (vs traditional media), Space Exploration (SpaceShipOne vs. NASA), and the turmoil of the music industry.

I enjoyed portions of this book, but it started to lose focus when it discussed issues related to space-travel. While the issues are interesting, they probably didn't belong there. ( )
  dvf1976 | Apr 23, 2008 |
The was interesting reading with lots of anecdotes, but the subtitle really summarizes the point. I especially appreciated the description about how blogging is affecting mass media. I also gathered quite a few additions to my reading list from this book. ( )
  jpsnow | Feb 22, 2008 |
The book I've finished most recently is An Army of Davids, Glenn Reynolds - part of my ongoing attempt to catch up with the large amount of non-fiction that's been on my Amazon wish list for a while waiting for budget to catch up with desire.

And I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It manages the difficult trick of being entertaining without being too shallow - although it is a broad overview of quite a considerable range of topics - insightful, and contains plenty of interesting ideas for the reader to chase down in detail on their own time. An interesting look at how the future will turn out if we're lucky, although definitely a starting point for investigation rather than a completion.

(Comments can be left at http://weblog.siliconcerebrate.com/cerebrate/2007/09/booklog-an-army-of-davids.h... .) ( )
  libraryofus | Sep 25, 2007 |
This book is on my 'recommended reading' list for my PR,journalism and marketing students -- a brilliant guide to understanding the new reality of communication ( )
  leehopkins | Feb 11, 2007 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,414,593 books! | Top bar: Always visible