Holy Bible: Containing the Old and New…

Holy Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments in the King James… (original 1979; edition 1984)

by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Member:rvidal77
Title:Holy Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments in the King James Version
Authors:The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Info:Elm Hill Press (1984), Paperback

Bible: King James Version: LDS Edition by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (1979)

I'm not done, I'm only on chapter 19! I haven't met Joseph yet! He's not going to appear until chapter 50 of Genesis. And then he appears again in the new testament as the Saint Joseph, and then he is going to appear again in the third testament known as the Book of Mormon as Joseph Smith. As with Jacob. Jacob and Joseph return in the Book of Mormon. Now where were we, or where are we in my life? I think we passed them all. I'm on mine. 4th testament=me. 26 or book 3 and it has I just/only want to use an e-book reader all over it! Blondes did read it, but it is easier and faster! You can believe them and trust them. "Last Christmas." ( )
  allygggggg | Jun 11, 2014 |

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saintsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
KJVmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This edition is the LDS publication of the KJV. Do not combine with editions that also contain additional works (such as the Book of Mormon)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0840700415, Hardcover)

Shortly after inheriting the throne of England in the midst of violent religious strife, King James I called together the country's leading churchmen and theologians at Hampton Court, "for the hearing, and for the determining, of things pretended to be amiss in the Church."

Out of that conference came the memorable decision to commission a new translation of the Holy Scriptures. King James I eagerly approved the idea in the hope that this new translation might help avert civil war by uniting the religious factions within his country. The uniform translation, since called the "King James Version," dramatically affected the course of development of the English-speaking world.

Nelson's reprint of the King James Version of the Bible is a faithful reproduction of the original text set in modern typeface for better readability. The decorative initials and border designs are from a 1911 edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:33 -0400)

A word-for-word reprint of the First Edition of the Authorized Version presented in roman letters for easy reading and comparison with subsequent editions.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,327,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible