Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

Fairy Tale

by Cyn Balog

Fairy Tale is yet another book I’ve been meaning to read for a really long time. For some reason I didn’t really have high expectations for it but was still super excited to read it. I think it’s because fae books can be very hit or miss for me. I always want to read them but usually end up disappointed. Luckily I enjoyed this one.

I absolutely loved Pip. He was by far my favorite character in this book. Cam was okay and Morgan just pissed me off at times. For the most part, I liked her, but those few times when she would talk/think crap about Pip, it would just get to me.

I definitely liked Fairy Tale, which surprised me. I can’t wait to read Sleepless.

Note: This is an older review. So I don’t feel like I can get more into what I liked and disliked about it. Maybe someday I will re-read Fairy Tale and do another review. Better reviews (hopefully) in the future. ( )
  TheBookHoarder | Mar 30, 2015 |
My ARC says Fairy Lust, but I think Fairy Tale is definitely a better title. ( )
  Crowinator | Sep 23, 2013 |
This one drove me crazy. The narrator kept saying things like, “I don’t want to sound shallow” and then proceeding to sound incredibly shallow. I think the same story from Pip’s point of view would have been fascinating; as it was, I just wanted to slap everyone. [Oct. 2010] ( )
  maureene87 | Apr 4, 2013 |
A Fairy Tale is one of the most creative books i have ever read. Cyn Balog makes the characters that spring to life.Morgan,is a girl who is living the high school dream, Dating the quarterback of the high school football team,and having friends that will do anything for her. until something comes in the way and slowly tears things apart.

Not only was the beginning and middle of the book good,but the ending tied it all together. Balog could not have ended the story any better. It leaves you with a thought that inspires you and also makes you want to cry. You know a book is good when it effects your emotions.It is a great example of the phrase if you love something you have to let it go. ( )
  ctmsabmo | Dec 20, 2011 |
What an amazing and refreshing story! I quickly fell in love and knew that once I started this book I just had to finish. Nothing disappointed me. All the characters were great and the ending, even better.

The story line in this book is very entertaining. We have this guy who is turning into a fairy and his girlfriend is doing her best to save him. I love their love for each other. It was refreshing and pure. Nothing can touch it or take it away. I also adore how much the characters grow and mature. I like how it happened right before the readers eyes. It wasn't fast but wasn't slow either. It was great reading the book and getting to know the characters.

The love. I am such a big romantic and romance it just blooming in this book. It wasn't a kind a love that was lusty or fake. But more of true love and sacrifice. It hits the reader right in there heart and makes you cry. You see the characters struggle but know that in the end, it is their love that will set them free.

The ending for me was just one of those endings that leaves you feeling,"awwww." Your heart has been swept away and just pumping in your chest. I adored how Ms. Balog wrote the ending and how well if fit the book. There was no bitterness or heartache. No more struggling or anger. Just a real, pure, true love. Remember real love is patient. It does not envy...it keeps no record of wrong...It always protects, always trust, and always perseveres ( )
  Bookswithbite | Jul 29, 2011 |
I wanted to like Fairy Tale; I really did. But it just failed to meet my expectations in so many ways. It seems like this is not necessarily a failure of imagination on the part of the author -- in fact, Balog has many interesting, even potentially innovative ideas -- but rather, this is a failure of execution, of writing.
added by Shortride | editBookslut, Drennan Spitzer (Sep 1, 2009)

People call me spooky.

Morgan Sparks has always known that she and her boyfriend, Cam, are made for each other. But when Cam’s cousin Pip comes to stay with the family, Cam seems depressed. Finally Cam confesses to Morgan what’s going on: Cam is a fairy. The night he was born, fairies came down and switched him with a healthy human boy. Nobody expected Cam to live, and nobody expected his biological brother, heir to the fairy throne, to die. But both things happened, and now the fairies want Cam back to take his rightful place as Fairy King.

Even as Cam physically changes, becoming more miserable each day, he and Morgan pledge to fool the fairies and stay together forever. But by the time Cam has to decide once and for all what to do, Morgan’s no longer sure what’s best for everyone, or whether her and Cam’s love can weather an uncertain future.

Morgan Sparks and her boyfriend Cam have been best friends since they were children, but just before their shared sixteenth birthday Cam confesses that he is a fairy who was switched at birth with a human child, and now the fairies want to switch them back.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,561,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible