Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

Fairy Tale (edition 2009)

by Cyn Balog

Member:readingdate
Title:Fairy Tale
Authors:Cyn Balog
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2009), Hardcover, 256 pages

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

I don't know where to start with this one. Fairy Tale has been on my to read list for ages, but I always put off reading it, because I would find something else to read first. After finally reading it, I am very disappointed.

This book starts off promising with the hot football player Cam, and his psychic girlfriend. Cam finds out that he is a changeling, a fairy baby that was switched with a human baby. He tells his girlfriend and she freaks.

I found this book hard to read. With every chapter being 1-3 pages it felt disconnected and choppy. I never really got into any of the characters, and it didn't seem like there was an actual plot. Finding out that your boyfriend is a fairy should be exciting., except all she does is cry and whine about it.

I would have loved that Cam stayed how he always was and just got powers, instead they reduced him to a teeny tiny wussy fairy, that ended up a joke. Whatsherface never used her powers for anything but crying and complaining. Then the author brings in a new character, the super nerd, Pip. Pip ends up being the human baby that Cam was switched with. Instead of having a new character, the author just lets him take over Cam's life. Where Cam was hot he is now a tiny lame fairy, and Pip who was a nerd is now super hot and strong. This irks me to no end.

It's like Balog just let Cam wither away to die and no one remembers him at the end. The thing that I can not stand the most is how she starts to fall for Pip. She just starts to like him cause he's hot and resembles Cam when he was hot and strong. I wanted more from this book, but I was like pissed off and highly disappointed. ( )
  Katlers | Jun 13, 2016 |
The title on the ARC is "Fairy Lust"......

Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Fairy Tale is yet another book I’ve been meaning to read for a really long time. For some reason I didn’t really have high expectations for it but was still super excited to read it. I think it’s because fae books can be very hit or miss for me. I always want to read them but usually end up disappointed. Luckily I enjoyed this one.

I absolutely loved Pip. He was by far my favorite character in this book. Cam was okay and Morgan just pissed me off at times. For the most part, I liked her, but those few times when she would talk/think crap about Pip, it would just get to me.

I definitely liked Fairy Tale, which surprised me. I can’t wait to read Sleepless.

Note: This is an older review. So I don’t feel like I can get more into what I liked and disliked about it. Maybe someday I will re-read Fairy Tale and do another review. Better reviews (hopefully) in the future. ( )
  TheBookHoarder | Mar 30, 2015 |
My ARC says Fairy Lust, but I think Fairy Tale is definitely a better title. ( )
  Crowinator | Sep 23, 2013 |
A Fairy Tale is one of the most creative books i have ever read. Cyn Balog makes the characters that spring to life.Morgan,is a girl who is living the high school dream, Dating the quarterback of the high school football team,and having friends that will do anything for her. until something comes in the way and slowly tears things apart.

Not only was the beginning and middle of the book good,but the ending tied it all together. Balog could not have ended the story any better. It leaves you with a thought that inspires you and also makes you want to cry. You know a book is good when it effects your emotions.It is a great example of the phrase if you love something you have to let it go. ( )
  ctmsabmo | Dec 20, 2011 |
I wanted to like Fairy Tale; I really did. But it just failed to meet my expectations in so many ways. It seems like this is not necessarily a failure of imagination on the part of the author -- in fact, Balog has many interesting, even potentially innovative ideas -- but rather, this is a failure of execution, of writing.
added by Shortride | editBookslut, Drennan Spitzer (Sep 1, 2009)

People call me spooky.

Morgan Sparks has always known that she and her boyfriend, Cam, are made for each other. But when Cam’s cousin Pip comes to stay with the family, Cam seems depressed. Finally Cam confesses to Morgan what’s going on: Cam is a fairy. The night he was born, fairies came down and switched him with a healthy human boy. Nobody expected Cam to live, and nobody expected his biological brother, heir to the fairy throne, to die. But both things happened, and now the fairies want Cam back to take his rightful place as Fairy King.

Even as Cam physically changes, becoming more miserable each day, he and Morgan pledge to fool the fairies and stay together forever. But by the time Cam has to decide once and for all what to do, Morgan’s no longer sure what’s best for everyone, or whether her and Cam’s love can weather an uncertain future.

Morgan Sparks and her boyfriend Cam have been best friends since they were children, but just before their shared sixteenth birthday Cam confesses that he is a fairy who was switched at birth with a human child, and now the fairies want to switch them back.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,503,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible