I, Me, Mine by George Harrison

I, Me, Mine (1980)

by George Harrison

I decided to read this book after I read A Hard Day's Write: The Stories Behind Every Beatles Song by Steve Turner. Most of the quotes Turner used from George in his comments on songs came from Harrison's autobiography, I Me Mine. If I had to describe Harrison's autobiography in one word I would say it's artsy. The reason I think it's artsy is because it doesn't read like a normal autobiography in that there's an ordered sequence of events. Harrison talks about his family and his schooling and his life in the music world, but it's very conversational. The timeline is a little difficult to decipher, but overall it's a good read. The second half of the book contains photos with commentary and copies of songs in Harrison's own hand. I would highly recommend this book to diehard Beatles fans, but for people who are just discovering the Beatles or are just looking for a lot of information or answers to specific questiosn I would recommend The Beatles Anthology by The Beatles. ( )
  slumetta | Feb 27, 2009 |
The must have book. Everything George. What more could anyone want? ( )
  Redsfan | Jun 8, 2008 |
This one is a must-have for those with an interest in this sensitive and interesting man. A look at, and an insight of, his life both in and out of the limelight. ( )
  Heptonj | Nov 10, 2007 |

Cherished by fans and collectors since its first publication in 1980, I, Me, Mine is now available in paperback. The closest we will come to George Harrison's autobiography, it features George in conversation with The Beatles' spokesperson Derek Taylor, discussing everything from early Beatlemania to his love of gardening. The lyrics to over 80 of his songs, many in his own hand, are accompanied by his uniquely intimate and humorous commentary. Fifty archival photographs of George with The Beatles and solo capture a journey of creative and spiritual transformation. Brimming with the wit, warmth, and grace that characterized his life, and with an introduction by his wife, Olivia, I, Me, Mine is a treasured portrait of George Harrison and his music.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:31 -0400)

Offers a rare inside view of the Beatles and the cultural revolution of which they were a part, with a personal recollection of Harrison's evolution as a musician and composer.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,634,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible