The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav

The Seat of the Soul (1989)

by Gary Zukav

Excellent Book! ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |
I started this but just couldn't get through it. I do not agree with his ideas and what he's proposing, and it wasn't interesting enough to keep me reading. I enjoy reading alternate ideas, but this just wasn't done well enough. ( )
2 vote Karlstar | Mar 2, 2012 |
An excellent book for self-reflecting, healing, and positive actions. Readers can take what Mr. Zukav writes as truths (which I believe is his intention) or view it as a more metaphorical structure in which to view their life. I personally believe there is truth in this work. In The Seat of the Soul, Mr. Zukav paints a beautiful picture of our most profound center of who we are...the Soul and the context/process of which it exists. I found his engaging and descriptive narrative very helpful and hopeful in dealing with my own journey of life. His work is prescriptive, in that the ideas put fourth can be used to move toward more positive outcomes in ones life. My reading of "The Seat of the Soul" also guided me in putting episodes of my life into a more favorable and hopeful structure where growth and development to more positive states are possible. This book of New Age ideas can be a wonderful augmentation to other theological belief structures that readers may have. If you are open and looking for more meaning in your life I highly recommend this work. I plan to read others he has written. ( )
  stevetempo | Jul 9, 2011 |
The sole purpose of this book seems to be to set him up as a guru to sell his workshops. He constantly makes broad unsupported universal statements and asserts things without evidence. I felt quite manipulated and just wanted him to stop including me in his royal "we".
He got off on the wrong foot with me on the first chapter "Evolution". Everything he says about scientific evolution is wrong. His point is that "our" beliefs about evolution are wrong. Well, *his* beliefs about evolution certainly are wrong. I'm just glad they aren't *my* beliefs. Disproving a argument that no one is making is called a "straw man" fallacy.
I tried to keep reading but I just couldn't get past chapter five. You don't have to eat a whole dish to know if it is putrid, once you have had a bite of it. I tried several bites before I could no longer stomach his self-important manipulative horse crap. ( )
1 vote sheherazahde | Mar 7, 2011 |
The loving support and many contributions of Caroline Myss are woven through these pages.
This book is dedicated to my parents, Morris L. Zhukov and Lorene Zukav, with love, respect and gratitude.
During the years that I was writing The Dancing Wu Li Masters and after, I was drawn again and again to the writings of William James, Carl Jung, Benjamin Lee Whorf, Niels Bohr and Albert Einstein.

Eindelijk: het nieuwe boek van de beroemde schrijver van De dansende Woe Li meesters!
In De Zetel van de Ziel onderzoekt Zukav het mysterie van onze persoonlijke werkelijkheid en de gebieden die buiten het bereik van onze vijf zintuigen liggen. Zoals de microscoop ooit nieuwe werelden voor ons onthulde, zo opent Gary Zukav onze ogen voor het bestaan van ontastbare gebieden, met name dat van de ziel, 'het middelpunt tussen energie en materie'.
De Zetel van de Ziel toont aan hoe we onze ervaringen creëren met de kracht van onze eigen gedachten. We volgen | het pad van de evolutie van de ziel en ontdekken ons :~—^ vermogen om ons leven te transformeren door onze wezenlijke innerlijke kracht te ontwikkelen. Een adembenemende odyssee voor allen die geïnteresseerd zijn in de speurtocht van de mens naar zijn essentie!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 067169507X, Paperback)

Gary Zukav's American Book Award-winning The Dancing Wu Li Masters masterfully introduces the layman to quantum and particle physics, as well as Einstein's relativity theories. With a similar dose of amiable, easy-to-understand prose, Zukav guides readers into the spiritual realm in his bestselling The Seat of the Soul.

Zukav questions the Western model of the soul, alleging that the human species is in the midst of a great transformation, evolving from a species that pursues power based upon the perceptions of the five senses--"external power"--to one that pursues power based upon perceptions of the soul--"authentic power." He believes that humans are immortal souls first, physical beings second, and that once we become conscious of this transformation--once we align our personalities with our soul--we will stimulate our spiritual growth and become better people in the process. This insightful, lucid synthesis of modern psychology and new-age principles has been described as the "physics of the soul." Who better to explain such heady concepts than Gary Zukav?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:10 -0400)

New Age views on evolution, karma, reverence, creation, intuition, responsibility, choice, addiction, relationships, souls, power, psychology, trust.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,280,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible