The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav

The Seat of the Soul (1989)

by Gary Zukav

Shucks. I am having a hard time believing this tripe is by the same guy who wrote THE DANCING WU LI MASTERS. Zukav was almost prescient with his insights and final predictions in DANCING. SEAT is all hot air. There are not many books I toss, but I don't think I want to offer the tacit approval a place on my bookshelf offers. ( )
  torreyhouse | Jun 25, 2016 |
Good stuff in here to make your brain work hard. Open the book with an open mind for best results! ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
I feel pretty ambiguous about this book. On the one hand, the author presents a "formula" for living that I largely agree with: the positive aspects of life flow from love, the negative flow from fear. If you can let go of fear, a lot of personal problems just disappear. If we could do that as a society, it would go a long way toward making everything better.

On the other hand, he presents a lot of very specific information about the mechanics of how a soul moves and advances through the levels of enlightenment. A lot of this sounds like just another new age pseudo religion.

If you can take the basic principles he is expounding, without getting wrapped up in the quasi-religious stuff, then I think its worth the time. ( )
  grandpahobo | Sep 24, 2015 |
Excellent Book! ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |
I started this but just couldn't get through it. I do not agree with his ideas and what he's proposing, and it wasn't interesting enough to keep me reading. I enjoy reading alternate ideas, but this just wasn't done well enough. ( )
2 vote Karlstar | Mar 2, 2012 |
The loving support and many contributions of Caroline Myss are woven through these pages.
This book is dedicated to my parents, Morris L. Zhukov and Lorene Zukav, with love, respect and gratitude.
During the years that I was writing The Dancing Wu Li Masters and after, I was drawn again and again to the writings of William James, Carl Jung, Benjamin Lee Whorf, Niels Bohr and Albert Einstein.

Eindelijk: het nieuwe boek van de beroemde schrijver van De dansende Woe Li meesters!
In De Zetel van de Ziel onderzoekt Zukav het mysterie van onze persoonlijke werkelijkheid en de gebieden die buiten het bereik van onze vijf zintuigen liggen. Zoals de microscoop ooit nieuwe werelden voor ons onthulde, zo opent Gary Zukav onze ogen voor het bestaan van ontastbare gebieden, met name dat van de ziel, 'het middelpunt tussen energie en materie'.
De Zetel van de Ziel toont aan hoe we onze ervaringen creëren met de kracht van onze eigen gedachten. We volgen | het pad van de evolutie van de ziel en ontdekken ons :~—^ vermogen om ons leven te transformeren door onze wezenlijke innerlijke kracht te ontwikkelen. Een adembenemende odyssee voor allen die geïnteresseerd zijn in de speurtocht van de mens naar zijn essentie!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 067169507X, Paperback)

Gary Zukav's American Book Award-winning The Dancing Wu Li Masters masterfully introduces the layman to quantum and particle physics, as well as Einstein's relativity theories. With a similar dose of amiable, easy-to-understand prose, Zukav guides readers into the spiritual realm in his bestselling The Seat of the Soul.

Zukav questions the Western model of the soul, alleging that the human species is in the midst of a great transformation, evolving from a species that pursues power based upon the perceptions of the five senses--"external power"--to one that pursues power based upon perceptions of the soul--"authentic power." He believes that humans are immortal souls first, physical beings second, and that once we become conscious of this transformation--once we align our personalities with our soul--we will stimulate our spiritual growth and become better people in the process. This insightful, lucid synthesis of modern psychology and new-age principles has been described as the "physics of the soul." Who better to explain such heady concepts than Gary Zukav?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:44 -0400)

New Age views on evolution, karma, reverence, creation, intuition, responsibility, choice, addiction, relationships, souls, power, psychology, trust.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,721,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible