Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis

English (162)  Spanish (3)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (168)
Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie are magically whisked away to Narnia to assist Prince Caspian battle his evil uncle Miraz and retake the throne to become the rightful King of Narnia. This was one of my favorite books as a child and, although the religious allusions are too heavy-handed for an adult, every time I reread it, Caspian and the Pevensies bring me the same joy they always have. This, and the other books in the series, will be on my to-reread list for the rest of my life. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 31, 2019 |
If I recall, Prince Caspian might have been the driest of the chronicles. I sure hope I remember right, because this was a dull read. As a child I enjoyed it, but I devoured all the Narnia books in short order. My children enjoyed the book well enough and frankly, they managed to make the movie worse (we watched it after reading). I know Lewis wrote so much of his work as allegories and Caspian is no different, but I just didn't have the focus for that with answering my six-year-old's constant questions about words she wasn't familiar with.

We're on to the Voyage of the Dawn Treader! ( )
  Sean191 | Mar 25, 2019 |
Prince Caspian was a wonderful book, I had read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe as a child and never realized that there were more adventures of Lucy, Susan, Peter, and Edmund until this book. It is defiantly one of my favorite in the series. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
Terribly muddled in places. ( )
  Fiddleback_ | Dec 17, 2018 |
I am honestly surprised to say that I enjoyed this one just as much as the first! That is rare for me...it could be because the first story is so familiar to me (even though I hadn't read it until recently I am a big fan of the movie) and this story is new. What I loved most was seeing Narnia and all it's creatures come back to life after being hidden and dormant for so long. I am, as I said in my review for The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, excited to continue the series and see what is in store for Lucy, Edmund, Susan, and Peter...as well as Narnia. I suspect I will be picking the series up on and off throughtout the year, in between other books. ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |

Redgrave, LynnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mary Clare Havard
Til Mary Clare Havard
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, and it has been told in another book called The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe how they had a remarkable adventure.
Der var engang fire børn, som hed Peter, Susan, Edmund og Lucy, og i en anden bog, der hedder Løven, heksen og garderobeskabet berettes om, hvordan de kom ud på et bemærkelsesværdigt eventyr.
"You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve," said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor in earth."
Please do NOT combine "Prince Caspian" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Narnia... where animals talk... where trees walk... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false King. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of the entire world.

A prince fights for his crown

Narnia ... where animals talk ... where trees walk ... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false king. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of an entire world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:47 -0400)

Four children help Prince Caspian and his army of Talking Beasts to free Narnia from evil.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,176,428 books! | Top bar: Always visible