Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis

English (158)  Spanish (3)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (164)
The Chronicles of Narnia really define my childhood in so many ways. I remember being read to at night before bed as my parents made their way through each of these books and my imagination went running rampant. I absolutely adored each one of these stories, the children and their tumbles into Narnia, the lessons that they learned from Aslan and his people, and the greater implications it had on me as a reader and human being. I adore British literature, and especially children's British literature from the master, C.S. Lewis! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jun 2, 2018 |
This is the fourth book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. I think so far this has been my least favorite one. I actually preferred the movie over the book. I didn't feel a whole lot happened in this book, even though a lot did happen. Not my favorite, but not horrible. ( )
  MinDea | Mar 26, 2018 |
The Pevensie siblings are back to help a prince denied his rightful throne as he gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false king. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of an entire world.
  JESGalway | Mar 22, 2018 |
This is my least favorite in the Chronicles of Narnia series. The only reason I reason it is to get the background for the characters in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the next book in the series. It doesn't have much going on, and very little of the story even has anything to do with the Pevensie kids from the Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe. If you have never read the entire series, I recommend still reading this book once. ( )
  Liladillerauthor | Jan 20, 2018 |
Another re-read, obviously. A bedtime story book for Jefferson. I'd forgotten how excessively pagan this one is. My favorite part was probably re-reading Reepicheep's story -- he's kind of an icon for Smarter Every Day -- appearing at the end of each video -- and I could only just barely remember him.

Hardest part of reading aloud was definitely trying to differentiate the voices of the dwarves and the badger, who were all described to have deep, earthy voices. Otherwise, this series continues to be delightful for reading out loud. ( )
  greeniezona | Dec 6, 2017 |

Redgrave, LynnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mary Clare Havard
Til Mary Clare Havard
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, and it has been told in another book called The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe how they had a remarkable adventure.
Der var engang fire børn, som hed Peter, Susan, Edmund og Lucy, og i en anden bog, der hedder Løven, heksen og garderobeskabet berettes om, hvordan de kom ud på et bemærkelsesværdigt eventyr.
"You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve," said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor in earth."
Please do NOT combine "Prince Caspian" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Narnia... where animals talk... where trees walk... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false King. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of the entire world.

A prince fights for his crown

Narnia ... where animals talk ... where trees walk ... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false king. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of an entire world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:47 -0400)

Four children help Prince Caspian and his army of Talking Beasts to free Narnia from evil.

Legacy Library: C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See C. S. Lewis's legacy profile.

See C. S. Lewis's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,609 books! | Top bar: Always visible