Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis
Member:Englishgenius
Title:Prince Caspian
Authors:C. S. Lewis
Info:Scholastic (1995), Paperback

Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (1951)

English (162)  Spanish (3)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (168)
Prince Caspian was a wonderful book, I had read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe as a child and never realized that there were more adventures of Lucy, Susan, Peter, and Edmund until this book. It is defiantly one of my favorite in the series. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
Terribly muddled in places. ( )
  Fiddleback_ | Dec 17, 2018 |
I am honestly surprised to say that I enjoyed this one just as much as the first! That is rare for me...it could be because the first story is so familiar to me (even though I hadn't read it until recently I am a big fan of the movie) and this story is new. What I loved most was seeing Narnia and all it's creatures come back to life after being hidden and dormant for so long. I am, as I said in my review for The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, excited to continue the series and see what is in store for Lucy, Edmund, Susan, and Peter...as well as Narnia. I suspect I will be picking the series up on and off throughtout the year, in between other books. ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
For me, "Prince Caspian" isn't one of the highlights of the Narnia series. Although it continues the journey of the Pevensie children, it seems like relatively bog-standard fantasy fare, with new characters who I actually find don't enhance the story that much. "The Magician's Nephew" suggested there were so many worlds out there, and this - while not a bad story, by any means - doesn't take much advantage of Lewis' imagination, beyond a few funny incidents. Perhaps I'm just not interested in the more standard fantasy tropes that appear here. ( )
  therebelprince | Oct 30, 2018 |
The Chronicles of Narnia really define my childhood in so many ways. I remember being read to at night before bed as my parents made their way through each of these books and my imagination went running rampant. I absolutely adored each one of these stories, the children and their tumbles into Narnia, the lessons that they learned from Aslan and his people, and the greater implications it had on me as a reader and human being. I adore British literature, and especially children's British literature from the master, C.S. Lewis! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jun 2, 2018 |

Redgrave, LynnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mary Clare Havard
Til Mary Clare Havard
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, and it has been told in another book called The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe how they had a remarkable adventure.
Der var engang fire børn, som hed Peter, Susan, Edmund og Lucy, og i en anden bog, der hedder Løven, heksen og garderobeskabet berettes om, hvordan de kom ud på et bemærkelsesværdigt eventyr.
"You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve," said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor in earth."
Please do NOT combine "Prince Caspian" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Narnia... where animals talk... where trees walk... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false King. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of the entire world.

A prince fights for his crown

Narnia ... where animals talk ... where trees walk ... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false king. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of an entire world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:47 -0400)

Four children help Prince Caspian and his army of Talking Beasts to free Narnia from evil.

Legacy Library: C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See C. S. Lewis's legacy profile.

See C. S. Lewis's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,671,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible