Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis
Member:meriadoc
Title:Prince Caspian
Authors:C. S. Lewis
Other authors:C. S. Lewis, Lynn Redgrave (Narrator)
Info:HarperFestival (2003), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Rating:***1/2

Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (1951)

Recently added byprivate library, scbarton, BookEndsIntl, telecatsteve, lellachu, YHWHisYeshua, zabz17, KoestK
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding

English (150)  Spanish (2)  All (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All (155)
I found that I liked this entry in the Narnia series more than I had as a teen. The story is reasonably exciting (though less so than in the film version) but what really struck me was the theme of having faith. I really liked the way the 4 children varied in their experience of believing in Aslan's presence & how Peter & Susan trusted in (had faith in) Lucy even when they didn't have faith in Aslan at the moment. ( )
  leslie.98 | Feb 13, 2017 |
another great story by CS Lewis. My advice: read all every one! ( )
  deldevries | Jan 10, 2017 |
Pretty good adventure. I like that Edmond is the 1st to put faith in Lucy when she claims to have seen Aslan. I found my self really disliking Susan. ( )
  nx74defiant | Dec 23, 2016 |
6/2014 ( )
  moonlight_reads | Dec 11, 2016 |
I read this series years ago, twice, in two different orders. Saw the BBC production too. Beautiful stories. Now my 8 yr old daughter is reading the Chronicles. She is currently reading Prince Caspian. ( )
  homeschoolmimzi | Nov 28, 2016 |

Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Redgrave, LynnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mary Clare Havard
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, and it has been told in another book called The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe how they had a remarkable adventure.
"You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve," said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor in earth."
Please do NOT combine "Prince Caspian" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Narnia... where animals talk... where trees walk... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false King. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of the entire world.

A prince fights for his crown

Narnia ... where animals talk ... where trees walk ... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false king. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of an entire world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:47 -0400)

Four children help Prince Caspian and his army of Talking Beasts to free Narnia from evil.

Legacy Library: C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See C. S. Lewis's legacy profile.

See C. S. Lewis's author page.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,762,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible