Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis
Member:meriadoc
Title:Prince Caspian
Authors:C. S. Lewis
Other authors:C. S. Lewis, Lynn Redgrave (Narrator)
Info:HarperFestival (2003), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Rating:***1/2

Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (1951)

English (141)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (146)
A more difficult book to read than any others in the series. Still, it has many Biblical parallels and is a valuable part of the entire "Narnia" literary experience. ( )
  Venqat65 | Apr 7, 2016 |
Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie are magically whisked away to Narnia to assist Prince Caspian battle his evil uncle Miraz and retake the throne to become the rightful King of Narnia. This was one of my favorite books as a child and, although the religious allusions are too heavy-handed for an adult, every time I reread it, Caspian and the Pevensies bring me the same joy they always have. This, and the other books in the series, will be on my to-reread list for the rest of my life. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 26, 2016 |
Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie are magically whisked away to Narnia to assist Prince Caspian battle his evil uncle Miraz and retake the throne to become the rightful King of Narnia. This was one of my favorite books as a child and, although the religious allusions are too heavy-handed for an adult, every time I reread it, Caspian and the Pevensies bring me the same joy they always have. This, and the other books in the series, will be on my to-reread list for the rest of my life. This audio version is brilliantly read by Lynn Redgrave. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 26, 2016 |
Part of “The Chronicles of Narnia” series, “Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia” was completed after Christmas 1949 and published on 15 October 1951. “Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia” tells the story of the Pevensie children's second trip to Narnia. They are drawn back by the power of Susan's horn, blown by Prince Caspian to summon help in his hour of need. Narnia, as they knew it, is no more, as more than 1,000 years have passed and their castle is in ruins, while all Narnians have retreated so far within themselves that only Aslan's magic can wake them. Caspian has fled into the woods to escape his uncle, Miraz, who has usurped the throne. The children set out once again to save Narnia.

Original date: 1951 ( )

Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Redgrave, LynnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mary Clare Havard
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, and it has been told in another book called The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe how they had a remarkable adventure.
"You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve," said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor in earth."
Please do NOT combine "Prince Caspian" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.

Narnia... where animals talk... where trees walk... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false King. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of the entire world.

A prince fights for his crown

Narnia ... where animals talk ... where trees walk ... where a battle is about to begin.

A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false king. But in the end, it is a battle of honor between two men alone that will decide the fate of an entire world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:47 -0400)

Four children help Prince Caspian and his army of Talking Beasts to free Narnia from evil.

Legacy Library: C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See C. S. Lewis's legacy profile.

See C. S. Lewis's author page.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible