The Hidden Stairs And The Magic Carpet by…

The Hidden Stairs And The Magic Carpet

by Tony Abbott (Author)

This is a pretty simple and relatively entertaining beginning to a beginners fantasy chapter book series. The characters are simply, yet adequately constructed. The story allows for the main characters to enter into and leave the other world, Droon, over the course of 96 pages and have a complete adventure along the way. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |
Droon the final fronteer, is an ongoing saga, of the 3 characters Eric being the main. My friend next to me is jealous because i am and authour. ( )
  alexmcdonald | Jan 12, 2012 |
This was a really cute seris it was really good I loved them I wish I could have read more but my mom though I was to old for them. I loved how they made it realistic unlike some books like this were time passes the same in both places here its only been a few mins so it makes sence that the perants didnt worry about the kids. They were really good books i would recomend them to all the children grade 3-6. ( )
  readerworm12345 | Jan 12, 2012 |
This is the first in a series called The Secrets of Droon. We purchased the first 10 in the series of almost 40 books. So far the students seem to enjoy the imaginary city of Droon and the adventures the characters face. In many ways it is a simplified version of Harry Potter. Even Eric in the illustration on the cover looks like Harry Potter with his round glasses. The story is well written and suspenseful and the plot is interesting and the characters are fun and likeable though a bit predictable and anticlimactic. I’m not sure that it can sustain the interest for 40 books but I will order some more.
1 vote pbamy | Oct 13, 2010 |
Eric and his friends find entry into the world of Droon by using a staircase in Eric's basement.
  paceacademy | May 11, 2010 |
It's not supposed to be FUN - it's supposed to be DONE.

A Hidden Door. A Magical Staricase. Discover the World of Droon! Eric, Julie, and Neal have just found something magic in Eric's basement. They have discovered a staircase to another world! The world of Droon is amazing - full of magic, flying lizards, and fun, furry creatures. But how will Eric, Julie, and Neal find their way home? Maybe their new friend, Princess Keeah, can help?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:54 -0400)

When Neal and Julie agree to help Eric straighten up his basement, they never imagine that they're in for more than getting a little dusty. But as the three kids follow a soccer ball into the small room under the basement stairs, the floor suddenly evaporates to reveal a rainbow staircase to another world! Before they have a chance to look around, they are caught in the midst of a battle. Shiny red men riding giant lizards are shooting arrows straight at them. They are saved by Princess Keeah of Droon who tells them the red men are warriors for the evil Lord Sparr. She promises to help them get home if they will carry a message for her.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,258,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible