Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, Book 13) by Lee…

Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, Book 13) (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Lee Child (Author)

In this 13th Reacher novel, the former army MP confronts a possible suicide bomber on a nearly deserted Manhattan subway car--a confrontation that will lead him back to the Soviet war in Afghanistan in the 1980s and forward to the war on terrorism. It turns out that Susan Mark's life was critical to dozens of others in Washington, California, and Afghanistan ... from a former Delta Force operator now running for the U.S. Senate to a beautiful young woman with a story to tell, but can Reacher sort through their lies in time to save himself and help a woman police officer?… (more)
Member:petrichor8
Title:Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, Book 13)
Authors:Lee Child (Author)
Info:Delacorte Press (2009), Edition: 1st, 434 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:shelfari_import

Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child (2009)

Recently added byprivate library, dracul72, Gewurz, tmbookluvr, StarfishLibrary, KarenRendall, RBME, weird_O
    The Lion's Game by Nelson DeMille (BeckyJG)
    A Clean Kill in Tokyo by Barry Eisler (BeckyJG)
    BeckyJG: John Rain is a hero who is similar in many ways to Jack Reacher. A man of action and of few words, deep, lonely (even if he doesn't realize it). Rain is perhaps more morally ambiguous than Reacher; both kill without hesitation and little remorse, but Rain is, after all, an assassin, and gets paid to do so.… (more)

English (93)  Dutch (2)  Finnish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (97)
Another good installment in the Jack Reacher series. Whilst this one starts a little differently with Reacher already in situ rather than drifting about, it nonetheless is the familiar format of problem crosses his path, Reacher becomes unreasonably attached to solving said problem, action ensues.

Does that make it dull? Not by any means, it's different enough to the prior books that it doesn't feel like it's a rehashed formula format, but rather feels like a new adventure as Reacher battles a variety of adversaries, some within his own government.

Overall, it's a pretty enthralling read with some nice twists in the story line as things unfold. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Nov 8, 2019 |
I liked this one for its setting - NYC. Pretty consistent with Reacher's character, though it was a bit of as stretch of how Reacher became involved in the issues of this plot - that seemed a bit forced. But enjoyed it overall. ( )
  Myckyee | Aug 31, 2019 |
Starts with a suspected suicide bomber then gets a little more complicated! ( )
  libgirl69 | Oct 3, 2018 |
I liked this book a lot more than the others I have read in the Reacher series. The beginning of the book was a little slow but I get why, gotta build up to the second half where all the action is. and BOY is their action! It was nicer to see him in a city setting especially New York. He is hunting down suicide bombers in this one after a situation at the beginning on the subway. Subways are a massive joke to me, the one time I rode one I got sick. Too small of a space. This book was very realistic. Overall great writing, great storyline. It redeemed itself with his series for me, I was starting to give up. ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
A complete popcorn read. I mean you have to immediately not think too hard about how Reacher constantly stumbles into these major conspiracies. It moves fast and furious. I do wish authors would stop the stupid cliche of having a villain drop their gun and fight hand to hand. Really, I don't think so. They are terrorists they are just going to shoot you. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
The precise maneuvers... illustrate why Mr. Child is so good at what he does. But what is he doing? “Gone Tomorrow” has such a case of villain inflation that it involves itself in global geopolitics on the highest order. One step higher into the upper reaches of evildoing and Mr. Child could find himself on the moon.

For my sisters-in-law, Leslie and Sally, two women of rare charm and quality
Suicide bombers are easy to spot. They give out all kinds of telltale signs. Mostly because they're nervous. By definition they're all first-timers.
Please do not combine Lee Child's 13th Jack Reacher novel, Gone Tomorrow with his 10th Jack Reacher novel, The Hard Way. The ISBN 376450238X is used for both this work and for Way Out which is the German translation of The Hard Way. Thank you.

The 13th book in the Reacher series finds Jack Reacher in a Manhattan subway at 2 am where an ordinary looking passenger leads to out of the ordinary danger.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,162,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible