Who Was George Washington? by Roberta…

Who Was George Washington?

by Roberta Edwards

3291233,583 (4)None

This book covers the life story of George Washington and all his many accomplishments and contributions to society. This book would be great when teaching students about presidents or introducing the idea of presidents, by starting with the first president. ( )
  Taylor20 | Apr 5, 2017 |
Great book to learn about our First President. The book gives enough information for the reader to know who Washington was and the story behind the man who became our first president. In addition to his life, from birth to death, Edwards discusses some myths/facts which give the reader more information about political happenings in history. The simple illustrations of people, places and maps also help tell the story of who Washington was and what he accomplished as a man and our president. ( )
  SraSpoer | Feb 23, 2017 |
This illustrated children's biography is written in elementary friendly language in order to inform students about the first president of the United States and what he did did before assuming that title. This book can be used to introduce a topic in social studies and to introduce to students what it means to write a biography. This can also show students that biographies do not have to be boring and monotonous. ( )
  AshlynWilliams | Jan 23, 2017 |
This book is so informative! I learned so much about Washington that I never knew. It was a great book to read and I enjoyed learning about history in an interesting way.
  Katie_Manna | Oct 16, 2016 |
I would use this book with 3rd-5th grade students if I were going to give students a research project over the presidents. I would assign each student a president and give them different resources to use, this book would be one of those resources.
  aburgin01 | Apr 29, 2016 |

In 1789, George Washington became the first president of the United States. He has been called the father of our country for leading America through its early years. Washington also served in two major wars during his lifetime: the French and Indian War and the American Revolution. With over 100 black-and-white illustrations, Washington's fascinating story comes to life - revealing the real man, not just the face on the dollar bill!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:00 -0400)

"In 1789, George Washington became the first president of the United States. He has been called the father of our country for leading America through its early years. Washington also served in two major wars during his lifetime: the French and Indian War and the American Revolution"… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,581,777 books! | Top bar: Always visible