Who Was George Washington? by Roberta…

Who Was George Washington? (edition 2009)

by Roberta Edwards, Nancy Harrison (Illustrator), True Kelley (Illustrator)

Series: Who Was...

193661,059 (3.7)None
Title:Who Was George Washington?
Authors:Roberta Edwards
Other authors:Nancy Harrison (Illustrator), True Kelley (Illustrator)
Info:Grosset & Dunlap (2009), Paperback, 112 pages
Collections:TED 255

Who Was George Washington? by Roberta Edwards

Summary: This is a really good book in series of books about really important people in U.S. history. This book goes into his life from start to finish, from him being one of the founding fathers, to the two wars he fought in, all the way through his presidency.

Personal Reaction: I like books like this, especially when it comes to American history. It really is important to have the younger generation learn about American history and its exceptionalism. This book is absolutely engaging for young and old alike.

Classroom extension: This along with others in the series, would be a really awesome way to teach about our presidents. This would augment any discussion concerning George Washington very well. I would definitely use it in my own classroom. ( )
  Soonerfan1999 | Nov 13, 2015 |
Who was George Washington? By Roberta Edwards
Summary- This is one book out of the “who was” series. This book is about the first president George Washington. I give you facts about George Washington’s life, such as where he grew up, his childhood, his role in the revolutionary war, the he never did not want to be president and many more facts about this life.

Personal reaction.- This would be a great book for younger reader that were doing any type of research project. I remember reading a lot of the “who was” series when I was younger. This book gives facts about George Washington’s life in an interesting way that appeals to children.

Classroom extensions
1.“Who was…”- Allow the students to pick a person (or group) for the Who was series, to write a short research paper over. After the read the book have them get in groups and tell the other people of the group about what they have learned about the person they research.
2.“if I were president”- Have the students write about some of the thin g they would do if they were the President of the United States.
  Sarah0423 | Apr 16, 2015 |
Summary of Book: This book is about the first President of the United States, George Washington. The book makes it easy for young readers to become familiar with George Washington and for young readers to get insight on his life. This book includes Washington's childhood, where he grew up, what he did during the Revolutionary War. The reader will also learn how he become our first President.

Personal Reaction: This book is a good book for young readers to learn about the life of George Washington. I liked how this book contained pictures that the reader can refer to while reading about Washington while he was young all the way through to how he become our first President. The book contained a lot of information but was not to long to read, which gives all readers a chance to learn about one of our most famous Presidents.

Classroom Extension: 1) Have students draw a picture of George Washington.
2) Have students write about something new they learned about George Washington.
  ah932109 | Apr 11, 2015 |
Great story about the first president! Very informative!
  kelskemp | Nov 25, 2014 |
This book is about George Washington. This book show you things you might know about George, like he lived at Mount Vernon. if you love H.G. you'll love this!!! ( )
  SethKim | Nov 8, 2013 |

In 1789, George Washington became the first president of the United States. He has been called the father of our country for leading America through its early years. Washington also served in two major wars during his lifetime: the French and Indian War and the American Revolution. With over 100 black-and-white illustrations, Washington's fascinating story comes to life - revealing the real man, not just the face on the dollar bill!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:00 -0400)

"In 1789, George Washington became the first president of the United States. He has been called the father of our country for leading America through its early years. Washington also served in two major wars during his lifetime: the French and Indian War and the American Revolution"… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible