Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination…

Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination (2004)

by Helen Fielding

Recently added byMWise, rena75, CRBooks, JacInABook, private library
    The Time in Between by María Dueñas (buchstabendompteurin)
    Color Me Grey by J. C. Phelps (elbakerone)
    elbakerone: Another fun spy-thriller-type novel with a great female protagonist!

English (40)  French (2)  Portuguese (1)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (46)
This book felt like the author would really like someone to make it into a movie. Pretty sure I still woudn't care for it in a two-hour format. Well, if they found a way to bring Leslie Nielsen back to life, he might be able to make it more palatable. ( )
  SMBrick | Feb 25, 2018 |
I guess I forgot to add this when I read it a few years ago. All I remember is that it wasn't anything special and was actually rather racist, so all in all, I wasn't impressed.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Had to make this one a DNF right around the time she discovered her room was bugged. I just couldn't get into it at all, and it was a sequence of random events happening to this one (somewhat stupid) person and I just didn't care what was going on. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Nov 28, 2015 |
If I book just isn't enjoyable for me, I still try to finish it in hopes that I might find some redeeming quality. Unfortunately, I couldn't make myself read the entire thing. It was just too painful. ( )
  Eyre32 | Feb 5, 2014 |
Olivia Joulles is not a book that gets off to the best of starts, but you need to put your apprehension aside and read it, damn you!

I have to admit that I love this book. Sadly, I don't own it (hints, people). It's a tale of a very overactive imagination in the hands of a journalist. I must admit to having similar thought processes to those mentioned in this book whereby Olivia assumes that seemingly normal people are spies and terrorists out to get her. Of course, this wouldn't be quite so brilliant if it didn't turn out that some of her crazy imaginings came true! ( )
  RebeccaClareSmith | Jan 24, 2014 |

Helen Fieldingprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parpola, InkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kevin
"The problem with you, Olivia, is that you have an overactive imagination."
"I was against the invasion."
"You were? And why was that?"
"Well, since you ask: there was no evidence of weapons of mass destruction, there was no connection between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda or September 11, and they were punishing a breach of international law by breaking international law themselves."
Most of the wars in the world are caused by people who think they have God on their side. Always stick with people who know they are flawed and ridiculous.

At the close of the last millennium, Helen Fielding debuted the irrepressible (and blockbuster-bestselling) Bridget Jones. Now, Fielding gives us a sensational new heroine for a new era...Move over 007, a stunning, sexy-and decidedly female-new player has entered the world of international espionage. Her name is Olivia Joules (that’s "J.O.U.L.E.S. the unit of kinetic energy") and she's ready to take America by storm with charm, style, and her infamous Overactive Imagination.

How could a girl not be drawn to the alluring, powerful Pierre Ferramo-he of the hooded eyes, impeccable taste, unimaginable wealth, exotic international homes, and dubious French accent? Could Ferramo really be a major terrorist bent on the Western world’s destruction, hiding behind a smokescreen of fine wines, yachts, and actresses slash models? Or is it all just a product of Olivia Joules’s overactive imagination?

Join Olivia in her heart-stopping, hilarious, nerve-frazzling quest from hip hotel to eco-lodge to underwater cave, by light aircraft, speedboat, helicopter, and horse, in this witty, contemporary, and utterly unputdownable novel deluxe.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:00 -0400)

Journalist-turned-spy Olivia Joules finds herself drawn to Pierre Ferramo, a man of impeccable taste and extraordinary wealth, until she begins to worry that he is an international terrorist hiding behind a sophisticated smokescreen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,426,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible