Getting America Right: The True Conservative…

Getting America Right: The True Conservative Values Our Nation Needs Today

by Edwin J. Feulner

64None186,178 (3.43)None

No reviews

Where did we take a wrong turn?

That’s what proud conservatives are asking. The era of liberal dominance is finally over, but sometimes you wouldn’t know it. Government spending is out of control, huge waves of illegal immigration endanger our security and our American identity, more and more Americans look to Washington for the “quick fix,” the government grabs for more power at the expense of our liberty, American businesses are fleeing overseas, and terrorism threatens us more than ever.

How do we deal with these crises when our leaders refuse to? By following Edwin J. Feulner and Doug Wilson’s unique and practical six-point plan: specific steps that every one of us can take to put America back on course.

As conservative leaders—Feulner as president of the nation’s preeminent think tank, The Heritage Foundation; Wilson as chairman of America’s leading conservative news and community website, Townhall.com—the authors know that what will rescue us now are the things that have always made this nation great: free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, a strong national defense, and the rule of law. We must demand accountability and a return to our core principles.

Getting America Right reveals:

• Stunning real-world examples of government run amok, and how it hurts you

• The politicians who are selling out, and the brave souls who are fighting for what’s right

• How to restore fiscal discipline among Washington’s pork-addicted pols—Feulner and Wilson identify ridiculous programs we should slash now

• The blueprint for getting the federal government out of our way and out of our pockets

• The threats Washington is ignoring, and the steps we must take at home and abroad to ensure our security

• What you can do to hold politicians accountable

What is at risk if we fail? Nothing less than the freedom, prosperity, and security of ourselves and our children and grandchildren. We must get it right—each and every one of us. And we need to start today. As Newt Gingrich writes in his foreword to Getting America Right, “The blueprint for our action—yours and mine—is contained within the pages of this remarkable book.”

Also available as an eBook.

Visit GettingAmericaRight.com for more resources to join the fight to put America back on track.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:00 -0400)

Explores America's failure to uphold conservative values, reflecting on the benefits of limited government, fiscal responsibility, and free markets, and calling for a return to the principles of democracy and accountability.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,253,806 books! | Top bar: Always visible