The Mouse on the Mile by Stephen King

The Mouse on the Mile (1975)

by Stephen King

Recently added byImTheGhoul, DebraPerli, Hymlock, Lisa.Hof, jagualar, nieki2000, HeatherQ, mcerra, private library

English (12)  French (1)  All (13)
This book was quite sweet actually.
Although this cliffhanger may be the worst one I've ever experienced ( )
  nieki2000 | Apr 4, 2017 |
This book was quite sweet actually.
Although this cliffhanger may be the worst one I've ever experienced ( )
  nieki2000 | Apr 4, 2017 |
I'll wait to rate this until I read it in its entirety. The death penalty is a yicky thing, something I don't really agree with, so this setting is already unsettling from the start. The atmosphere oozes out easily through King's writing, and he's at his best with his technique and word choices for The Green Mile. The characters - good ones, bad ones - they all come alive as creatively and realistically constructed. It's easy to despise Percy, it's easy to love the mouse that comes alive and keeps a piece of the men in this cold, horrible place delighted. It would be hard to find much joy in Cold Mountain unless you entered sick to begin with, but that may be the mouse's greatest trick of all.
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Oh good memories. Back in the days my dad gave me such a great gift. He gave me this book, part 1 and told me that from now on, I could go to the bookstore in town each month, to get the next part of the series.

So every month I ran to the bookstore and immediately delved in. Never thinking it might be better to wait till I had all of them, before reading. couldn't, even if I wanted to.

So unlike most people, I did not read the whole book in one, but i read it in 6 sessions.
I am sure I re-read the whole thing as I always did with Stephen King's books.

The only problem is, I have no clue which part is in which book, so I will give all of them the same amount of stars, and copy this review. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
This entire series is great as King weaves an incredible tale. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |

Is contained in

The nursing home where I am crossing my last bunch of t's and dotting my last mess of i's is called Georgia Pines.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451190521, Mass Market Paperback)

A mouse moves into Cold Mountain Penitentiary and breaks up the monotony for the three death row inmates.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:56 -0400)

Part two of Stephen King's six installment novel about a group of prisoners awaiting execution at Cold Mountain Penitentiary in 1932, told from the point of view of the superintendent of cell block E.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,893,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible