The Cybil War by Betsy Byars

The Cybil War

by Betsy Byars

Other authors: Gail Owens (Illustrator)

Simon learns some hard lessons about good and bad friendships when his good friend Tony's stories involve him in some very troublesome and complicated situations.
  211Fern | Mar 4, 2011 |
While this book is pretty predictable I still liked it.
Two boys fighting over one girl.
The two boys are best friends until they both discover they both like Cybil.

This would be a popular book in a 4th or 5th grade classroom because this is the time students start being interested in having boyfriends and girlfriends. ( )
  weeksie50 | Dec 7, 2010 |
Cybil is just an ordinary girl in the fifth grade who likes to stick out her tongue and cross her eyes at people. Simon and Tony are also fifth-graders who have been best friends after finding out they both lost their father, although in different ways. Simon has has a huge crush on Cybil forever and becomes suspicious of Tony's feelings for her after catching him in several lies. This is a wonderful story of growing up and learning how to deal with first crushes and friends that you discover aren't actually friends at all.
I didn't know what to expect from this book, but I really enjoyed it. It was a very easy read and gave wonderful examples of how to deal with those middle school issues perfectly. I think this would be a good book to have in a classroom library. I would like to use this book in reading groups. I think it would be good to use to look at the different social situations kids of that age go through. ( )
  btivis | Sep 24, 2010 |
a girl named cybil has to live over 2 boys ( )
  michaelsaalfrank | Jan 5, 2010 |
A girl love to have boys fuss and fight about her.
  austinwood | Sep 19, 2009 |

Betsy Byarsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Owens, GailIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,384,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible