Bone Volume 2: The Great Cow Race by Jeff…

Bone Volume 2: The Great Cow Race (2005)

by Jeff Smith, Steve Hamaker (Illustrator)

Series: Bone (Trade 2: Issues #7-11)

The adventure starts when cousins Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone are run out of Boneville and later get separated and lost in the wilderness, meeting monsters and making friends as they attempt to return home.

I found this book hilarious. ( )
  Thomms12 | Jan 17, 2020 |
Part Two of the Boneville Trio's stay in a strange land. Despite their new surroundings, the main characters stay true-to-form. One is a nice guy. One is a schemer. One is dim-witted. They are friends.
  edwardcandler | Feb 5, 2017 |
Ages 9 to 14
  WatervilleTownLib | Jul 9, 2016 |
This second scholastic edition of this series was just as good as the first volume. This edition maintains the child-like and simplistic nature that draws the reader into the series. The mystery also starts peeling away slightly as we begin to understand who the real players are and what may be happening, but it is still only slightly. This collection is great because it is really about a cow race. I don't want to give away plot points, but it shows strongly the character of Grandma Ben in my opinion and helps build her up as an important character of the entire series. I also like several of the interactions and dialogue here because it adds humerous repetitive jokes, but also helps to create layers to the characters. I again must applaud Smith for his work because he has created something truly unique in this series and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the Bone series. ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
My blog post about this book is at this link ( )
  SuziQoregon | Apr 10, 2015 |

Jeff Smithprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hamaker, SteveIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gaiman, NeilForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Penttinen, JormaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,536,439 books! | Top bar: Always visible