Carnet de voyage by Craig Thompson

Carnet de voyage

by Craig Thompson

Now I'm envying Craig Thompson, jet lag, diarrhea or no. I was left with a vivid image of a trip, especially to Morocco. I read it all in one sitting this afternoon at my local library and its comparable to just having awoken from a dream, perhaps a stronger sensation than what I've experienced after some actual holidays. Craig knows a lot of nice people. My what camaraderie and refinement! Lucky man to have his publishing companies foot the bill. Lucky readers to have him document it so interestingly. ( )
  brianfergusonwpg | Oct 21, 2016 |
It really is a journal of his 3 months travel through Europe and Morocco while promoting his graphic novel Blankets and studing for something new. It contains a recollection of his steps though his art, it's beautifuly made and you get to know a little bit more about the author. Although he was alone when he wrote this I felt like I wanted to be there to share his company and all the while I was travelling along with him anyway. Good reading. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |

A great graphic novel / travelogue through France, Barcelona & Morocco. ( )
  LJMax | Aug 21, 2015 |
Craig Thomson's travel sketchbooks, published. He is a good illustrator and he visits interesting places. ( )
  questbird | Feb 19, 2015 |
While Thompson was waiting for inspiration for his next book (his last book was the wildly successful graphic novel, Blankets) he decided to shape an old art travel journal from a trip he took in 2004 to Europe and Morocco. It's lovely, of course, and it made me decide to never leave the US again (he had lots of bad food days and was constantly barraged by beggars). ( )
  debnance | Jun 27, 2014 |
With over 200 pages, there are copious illustrations to examine in detail and ponder the hands and mood that created them. Travel affects the mind in so many ways, and it’s a pleasure to be part of Thompson’s journey.

Is contained in

Contains

Presents the illustrated journal of graphic novelist Craig Thompson in which he describes his travels in France, Barcelona, the Alps, and Morocco, where he spent three months researching a book.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,229,143 books! | Top bar: Always visible