The House by Danielle Steel

The House (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Danielle Steel

With the generous inheritance from an elder client, estate lawyer Sarah Anderson buys a majestic old house that was build in 1923 by a wealthy man for the woman he adored. Taking the biggest risk of her life, Sarah enlists the help of architect Jeff Parker, who shares Sarah's passion for bringing the exquisite old house back to life. As she and Jeff work to restore the home's every detail, as one relationship shatters and another begins, Sarah makes a series of powerful discoveries: about the true meaning of a dying man's last gift ... about the extraordinary legacies that are passed from generation to generation ... and about a future she's only just beginning to imagine.… (more)
Member:hmvh
Title:The House
Authors:Danielle Steel
Info:Dell Publishing Company (2007), Edition: Reprint, Dell mass market edition / February 2007, Paperback, 385 pages

The House by Danielle Steel (2006)

English (4)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (6)
I read hundreds of books a year...been a book junkie for 56 years. That said, believe it or not, this is my very first Danielle Steel novel. Strange, right???? I have reservations about authors who spit out books as often as I do my laundry. I finally decided to give her a chance, and I have no regrets. I enjoyed the story. There's nothing groundbreaking about it, it was a smoothe, sweet read and I did enjoy getting to know the characters. I believe I will read some more of Danielle's work. ( )
  briellenadyne | Mar 2, 2016 |
This is a love story that is told in third person about Sarah Anderson, she is in a stable but stuck place in her life , it's always the same , her weekend boy friend don't want anything that the weekend thing they have , her mother things she should settle down , and in her job as a tax lawyer she is befriend by an older gentleman that she highly respects and when he does she rethinks her life and starts to make changes ... i will not leave any spoils here ... ( )
  dbhutch | Nov 27, 2009 |
This book is the kind of easy read I'd take to the beach. The storyline runs smoothly and ends in a very satisfying neat and tidy way. A typical Danielle Steel classic. ( )
  sadiekaycarver | Jan 22, 2009 |
I read the first 35 pages and got lost in thinking too much about anything else than the book itself.

I'm done with Danielle Steel. Time to move on to another writer. ( )
  labelleaurore | Mar 5, 2008 |
Sarah Anderson left her office at nine-thirty on a Tuesday morning in June for her ten o'clock appointment with Stanley Perlman.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,657,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible