Yukon Ho! by Bill Watterson

Yukon Ho! (original 1989; edition 1989)

by Bill Watterson

Member:KageSama
Title:Yukon Ho!
Authors:Bill Watterson
Info:Andrews McMeel Publishing (1989), Paperback, 128 pages

Yukon Ho! by Bill Watterson (1989)

Recently added bydjcsilva3, private library, RWAbington, NatNieman, RSTEMLibrary, eggers.jared, shaliv, Shawn01752

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
Yukon Ho features mostly the duo's adventures during the time of summer holidays, which I think may be my second-favorite Calvin and Hobbes comic type, right after those where they're building snowmen. ( )
  matija2019 | Jan 8, 2019 |
Here we have the last of the Calvin and Hobbes books from my youth. At least, the last that I owned in my youth.

What more can I say about Calvin and Hobbes? It remains my favorite comic strip of all time. Watterson was amazing. He created a strip that could literally go just about anywhere, solely using the power of Calvin's imagination. Bill feel like drawing dinosaurs that week? Calvin invents a time machine (which we see its maiden voyage in this collection). Feeling the need for a little sci-fi? Calvin becomes Spaceman Spiff! Or, if Mr. Watterson just felt like being silly and drawing random animals, Calvin and Hobbes find themselves in a Transmogrification war (also included here). With Calvin's imagination and Watterson's art, you could end up just about anywhere, and that's what makes these comics so great!

A welcome addition to any library. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Dec 30, 2016 |
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title:
Yukon Ho! Series: Calvin and Hobbes Author/Artist: Bill Watterson Rating: 5 of 5 Stars Genre: Comics Pages: 126 Format: Digital scan Synopsis: The further adventures of Calvin and Hobbes. With appearances by Suzy the girl next door, Rosalyn the babysitter from hell and Calvin's Mom and Dad. My Thoughts: I am still enjoying these. I did notice that there was more conflict between Hobbes and Calvin, More like brothers than best friends. I have to admit, I don't know how Watterson wrote strip after strip, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. It is an incredible show of stamina. I don't know how his brain came up with all the ideas. Other than that, since these are standalone comics, it is kind of hard to write anything about them. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Let's face it; with Calvin and Hobbes, you just can't go wrong, and this book is no exception. Being the first (and, to my shame, only) Calvin and Hobbes collection that I own, this is a lovely little book to dip into when you feel like a quick laugh. There are more comprehensive and broader volumes (for instance, my favourites, Something Under the Bed is Drooling, Homicidal, Psycho Jungle Cat and Scientific Progress Goes "Boink") however, this little chronicle is a great little slice of C&H goodness.

NerdOnTheFloor | Nov 1, 2013 |
The extent to which I love this book cannot be rendered in human words. The wit and the wryness of the universe, the sympathy with which every character is depicted...it's such a great evocation of the world when you're a child, and I always turn to this when I need a good reminder that the world is a far stranger place than I will ever be able to cope with. ( )
  cricketbats | Apr 18, 2013 |
My tiger friend has got the sled,

And I have packed a snack.

The spirit of childhood leaps to life again with boundless energy and magic in Yukon Ho!, a collection of adventures featuring rambunctious six-year-old Calvin and his co-conspirator tiger-chum, Hobbes. Picking up where The Essential Calvin and Hobbes left off, Yukon Ho! is a delight!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:14 -0400)

Calvin--a six-year-old boy with a boundless imagination and a zest for misadventure--confounds his parents, his teacher and his classmates with the help of his lovable stuffed tiger Hobbes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,495,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible