The Dead Yard by Adrian McKinty

The Dead Yard

by Adrian McKinty

146None81,444 (3.99)1

A book I picked up casually when I was looking for novels w/ the IRA. A fantastic bloody violent ride w/ an offshoot of the IRA in America that won't stop their plotting even when there is a peace treaty in the offering and the bad-a** man forced into stopping them. ( )
  kanata | Apr 11, 2010 |
Audiobook. I believe I bought this book because it was a well reviewed reading (with Irish voice) and a "thriller." I gave it a try. I finished the book because of the voice. But this book ended up annoying me big time. First of all there are some overwrought, pretty silly passages of writing. The the violence of the torture--especially the last scene which took something like 2 hours outloud--was just too much. Not enough interest in the events (late IRA, peace context) or characters (Irish in America). Why did I finish? Mostly the voice. And like a good girl I finished my task. But I am not planning to buy the prequel to this book.
  idiotgirl | Feb 10, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743499484, Mass Market Paperback)

[This is the MP3CD audiobook format in vinyl case.]

[Read by Gerard Doyle]

*Winner of the 2007 Audie® Award for Best Suspense Thriller Narration
*Winner of the AudioFile Earphones Award
*One of Publishers Weekly's Best Fiction Books of 2006

In this riveting sequel to the acclaimed Dead I Well May Be, mercenary bad boy Michael Forsythe is back, and he's forced to infiltrate an Irish terrorist cell, confronting murder, mayhem, and possibly his own execution.

While on holiday in Spain, Michael Forsythe is arrested in the chaos of a soccer riot and hauled off to jail. Back on the wrong side of the law, the Belfast native has no hope of release--until a seductive female British Intelligence Agent makes him an offer he can't refuse: Avoid jail time in a Mexican hellhole by taking on a special FBI assignment and infiltrating a dangerous Irish terrorist cell back in the States. Within hours Michael is thrust into the nightmarish world of madmen known for their distinctive brands of torture and revenge, all while trying to hide his true identity. Coming face-to-face with murder, deceit, and lustful desire in all the wrong places, Michael knows that in order to survive he must kill--or be killed.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:48 -0400)

"In this sequel to Dead I Well May Be, mercenary bad boy Michael Forsythe is forced to infiltrate an Irish terrorist cell on behalf of the FBI, and thus confront murder, mayhem, and the prospect of his own execution. This saga continues with The Dead Yard, a thriller in which Michael Forsythe must insinuate himself into the good graces of a band of calculating political terrorists." "As the novel opens, he's on vacation in Spain, but when a soccer riot between Irish and English fans escalates out of control, Michael is suddenly arrested and thrown into a Spanish prison. Enter Samantha, a British intelligence agent as cunning as she is voluptuous. She makes Michael an offer he cannot refuse: instead of being extradited to Mexico to serve time for a prison break, he can help her by infiltrating an IRA sleeper cell in the United States, and she'll see to it that the Spaniards and Mexicans forget all about him. Filled with apprehension about the dangers of the assignment, Michael reluctantly agrees. Within hours he is flown to New York City and thrust into the nightmare world of men known for their distinctive brands of torture and revenge. Michael crosses and double-crosses key players, escapes his own lies by a hairsbreadth, loses his only ally, and falls for the daughter of his enemy - a most inadvisable development."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,491,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible