Fables Vol 12: The Dark Ages by Bill…

Fables Vol 12: The Dark Ages (edition 2009)

by Bill Willingham

Collections:Your library, Read
Rating:***
Tags:Fiction, Graphic novel

Fables, Vol. 12: The Dark Ages by Bill Willingham

The Dark Ages lives up to it’s title. There is little to celebrate as things take a turn for the worse in most areas. Fabletown is in peril, dark creatures and spells are being released, and we lose a favorite character as unintended consequences bring changes to the post-war chaos. This volume was definitely a downer.

I also had some issues with the artwork in this episode. Obviously, more than one artist was used and their styles were quite different, so characters kept changing their appearance thoughout the book which was quite jarring.

With so many characters being left in such a precarious position, I know I will be moving on to the next episodes soon. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Feb 1, 2016 |
My blog post about this book is at this link ( )
  SuziQoregon | Apr 10, 2015 |
4.25 stars

The Fables are recovering from the recent war, but there is another evil being coming for them. Fabletown is threatened and the Fables need to find someplace to go where they will all be safe.

In my opinion, this was one of the better volumes. I don't often "like" the villains, but this one is done really well, so I guess it's the closest I can come to liking a villain - or at least finding the villain somehow appealing and making the story more enjoyable, anyway. As always, there are a few side stories, as well, that are quite good in this volume. Really, really liked this one! ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 8, 2014 |
returning to this one after a few years, this book is okay, basically mopping up after the Great War. bit of a compendium, with somewhat startling variations in the drawing of the characters. this series is very well plotted, with a very twisted set of storylines to follow. and i never read into it without thinking this was clearly the way Once Upon a Time on TV was meant to go, before they got mired in Disney. did they blatantly rip it off, or did negotiations fall through? they couldn't possibly have been unaware of it, already well established and clearly a viable model. ( )
  macha | May 31, 2014 |
This volume of the series takes the reader in many new directions from where you think it would goes at the conclusion of "War and Pieces." It's a great start of a few different story arcs that leave you wondering where they'll go next. ( )
  LouisVillains | Mar 20, 2014 |

Bill Willinghamprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Allred, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Buckingham, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gross, PeterIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hahn, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
James JeanCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pepoy, AndrewIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This volume is dedicated to Stacy Sinner, who went into the woods, found my house of many stories there, and then built it for me.
- Bill Willingham
In loving memory of Marisa, Irma's Mum.
- Marck Buckingham
“Ready to go, pops?”

The great war between Fabletown and the mighty empire of the Adversary is over, but the victorious free Fables cannot escape the law of unintended consequences--in the post-war chaos of the Adversary's former realm, a terrible force is about to be unleashed, an evil that threatens not only Fabletown, but the entire mundane world.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,563,806 books! | Top bar: Always visible