Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of…

Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, # 3) (edition 2010)

by Heather Brewer

Member:redwoodhs
Title:Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, # 3)
Authors:Heather Brewer
Info:Speak (2010), Edition: 23, Paperback, 304 pages

Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer

Recently added byValestrum, MaddieTimm, cjbradley, private library, HunterMiddle, GordonPowell, lupinsnape

From a technical standpoint, Heather Brewer is a fairly mediocre writer. Each book, I've noticed she seems to pick a different cliche and force it into the book several times. she also uses a lot of the same sensory descriptors over and over and over ("he could feel his fangs sliding through his gums").

From a plot standpoint, however, CoVT is very good. I enjoy this series.

Also, Vlad is one of the dumbest literary teenagers I've ever seen. He lacks any and all street smarts and for some odd reason keeps trusting D'Ablo at the stupidest possible moment. ( )
  benuathanasia | Dec 18, 2012 |
Vladimir Tod has been learning about some of his vampire powers. Otis taught Vlad all summer. Vlad can sence when people are around that are vampires and learning more of his telepathic communications. Vlad and Aunt Nelly enjoy otis baing arounf but he has to keep leaving because Otis is still a fugitive in the vampire community, he knows in order to keep them safe, he must leave. Vlad still has the girl of his dreams, Meridith Brookestone. There are still some problems in Vlads life, like eddie Poe trying to expose vlad of being a vampire and henry and vlad not liking eatchother anymore.

Heather brewer did a nice job writing the sequel to the 2nd book. I think The end of the book, like the last 3 pages, were very boring. Not much detail and it seems like she got tired writing it. Threw out the book there was very good action scenes and very descriptive parts. ( )
  br13coen | Dec 7, 2012 |
**Spoiler Alert! You’ve been warned***

Oh, it doesn’t get any easier for Vlad does it?

Again, this book was a great read like the last two. It carries on from the previous book (reading them in order is greatly recommended) and Vlad is always ever developing. The plot this time was just as good, and it kept the page turning. I notice Brewer’s writing just keeps getting better and better with each passing book.

I was scared for Henry and Vlad when Henry had that little moment where he wanted out of his drudge role. Although it’s understandable, I had to be a little irked at first because of the way Henry was trying to get out of the friendship. WTF Henry, ignoring Vlad just like that is..not cool. Not to mention out of character (never thought Henry was a prissy type to do such a thing, I thought he was the all around popular nice guy) and, well I’d have to say it’s petty. But, when everything just came out into the open I was glad Henry wised up and just let Vlad know how he felt.

The ending nearly had me pulling my hair. I can’t BELIEVE Vlad did that to Meredith. Despite her fondness for the color pink, and how she oozes of bubblegum candy goodness, I was ready to accept her and Vlad together. But noooooo. Vlad just turns that upside down - although it was well intended, the way he went about it was not cool.

More plot development, and much more to look forward to, fans of Vlad Tod are going to love this book. Those who haven’t started, get to it now. They’re excellent so far. ( )
  sensitivemuse | Apr 30, 2012 |
In this book Vlad continues to work on his skills. He finds out that his Uncle has left him to his darkest lesson. He must face D'Ablo alone. But, it's not what you think. Vlad's uncle Can'thelp him because D'Ablo has captured him and beaten him so that D'Ablo can take the essence of the Pravus out of Vlad, then kill him. Vlad goes to the Stokerton Council to hurt D'Ablo and get his Uncle back and he finally defeats D'Ablo and tried to kill him but finds that he can't kill him with the Lucis. In the end Vlad gets his Uncle out and back into good health but he can't control his thirst for blood. He keeps putting Merideth, his girlfriend, in danger by almost drinking her blood so he breaks up wth her and goes with his unce to pick up Vlad's trainer, Vikas, to work on his skills.

This is probably my favorite book of the series. I find it so interesting and every time I picked up this book I would stay up just to keep reading it. It was a pages-turning-so-fast-you-can't-stop type of book. I hope I can read the next book before school lets up. These series of books are absolutely funominal. I hope you can read this book.
  mckenziegregg | Jun 9, 2011 |
vald is back.he learns mew stuff.valdimimir tod is awsome in this book. ( )
  cmtanker | Apr 27, 2011 |
Ignatius drew the curved blade along the whetstone slowly, the gritty sound filling his ears.

It’s another sucky year at Bathory High for Vladimir Tod. The evil vampire D’Ablo is hunting for the ritual that could steal Vlad’s powers. His best friend Henry doesn’t want to be his drudge anymore. And as if all that weren’t enough, it’s getting harder for Vlad to resist feeding on the people around him. When months go by with no word from Uncle Otis and D’Ablo shows up demanding Vlad’s father’s journal, Vlad realizes that having a normal high school year is the least of his concerns. Vlad needs to act fast, and even his status as the Pravus won’t save him this time . . .

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241560X, Paperback)

It's another awful year at Bathory High for Vladimir Tod. The evil vampire D'Ablo is hunting for the ritual that could steal Vlad's powers. His best friend doesn't want to be his drudge anymore. And it's getting harder for Vlad to resist feeding on the people around him. When months go by with no word from Uncle Otis, and D'Ablo shows up demanding Vlad's father's journal, Vlad realizes that having a normal high school year is the least of his concerns. Vlad needs to act fast, and even his status as the Pravus won't save him this time.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:56 -0400)

As the evil vampire D'Ablo seeks the ritual that would steal half-vampire Vlad's powers, Vlad struggles to resist feeding on the people around him, has a conflict with his best friend Henry, and gives up all hope of a normal year at Bathory High.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,657,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible