Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of…

Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, # 3) (edition 2010)

by Heather Brewer

Member:redwoodhs
Title:Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, # 3)
Authors:Heather Brewer
Info:Speak (2010), Edition: 23, Paperback, 304 pages

Tenth Grade Bleeds by Zac Brewer

A bit more unbelievable than the first two. ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
Disclaimer: I have not read the first two books and had no knowledge of the plot before I found a copy of this book for two dollars and was intrigued enough by the cover to give it a try without realizing it was the third book in a series.

However, I feel that this book can pretty much be read as a stand alone because there is so much repetition in the writing. It seemed like every other page was a recap of Vlad biting Henry when they were kids, Joss staking Vlad, or D'Ablo trying to kill Vlad. I don't think I missed much from the previous books.

The writing for this book was okay. A lot of repetitive language and not much character development outside of Vlad's constant teenage vampire angst. I usually like characters (especially males) who show an emotional side, but it seemed like Vlad was either sobbing or at least tearing up on almost every page.

The plot was slow and overall the book felt choppy. A week would fly by between chapters, making the timeline seem really long without much insight into events in between.

The fight scenes were good, a little gory with great detail.

Overall, an okay book. I won't be continuing the series, but I don't feel like it was a waste of time. A pretty easy book to read with a cool cover, but not a lot of substance. ( )
  CareBear36 | Jan 16, 2016 |
I like Vladmir Todd as a young vampire, but this book is better than the past two books. I greatly fond of Drudge and vampire relationship, [a:Heather Brewer|293603|Heather Brewer|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1386124828p2/293603.jpg] is one my favorite writer with the exemplary skills in forging words with the emotions in appropriate proportion.

If you read the past books of Chronicle series you will definitely like it better than the past two books. ( )
  Chiththarthan | Dec 29, 2015 |
As the evil vampire D'Ablo seeks the ritual that would steal half-vampire Vlad's powers, Vlad struggles to resist feeding on the people around him, has a conflict with his best friend Henry, and gives up all hope of a normal year at Bathory High.
  lkmuir | Oct 26, 2015 |
From a technical standpoint, Heather Brewer is a fairly mediocre writer. Each book, I've noticed she seems to pick a different cliche and force it into the book several times. she also uses a lot of the same sensory descriptors over and over and over ("he could feel his fangs sliding through his gums").

From a plot standpoint, however, CoVT is very good. I enjoy this series.

Also, Vlad is one of the dumbest literary teenagers I've ever seen. He lacks any and all street smarts and for some odd reason keeps trusting D'Ablo at the stupidest possible moment. ( )
  benuathanasia | Dec 18, 2012 |
Ignatius drew the curved blade along the whetstone slowly, the gritty sound filling his ears.

It’s another sucky year at Bathory High for Vladimir Tod. The evil vampire D’Ablo is hunting for the ritual that could steal Vlad’s powers. His best friend Henry doesn’t want to be his drudge anymore. And as if all that weren’t enough, it’s getting harder for Vlad to resist feeding on the people around him. When months go by with no word from Uncle Otis and D’Ablo shows up demanding Vlad’s father’s journal, Vlad realizes that having a normal high school year is the least of his concerns. Vlad needs to act fast, and even his status as the Pravus won’t save him this time . . .

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241560X, Paperback)

It's another awful year at Bathory High for Vladimir Tod. The evil vampire D'Ablo is hunting for the ritual that could steal Vlad's powers. His best friend doesn't want to be his drudge anymore. And it's getting harder for Vlad to resist feeding on the people around him. When months go by with no word from Uncle Otis, and D'Ablo shows up demanding Vlad's father's journal, Vlad realizes that having a normal high school year is the least of his concerns. Vlad needs to act fast, and even his status as the Pravus won't save him this time.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:05 -0400)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,529,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible