Vampire Loves by Joann Sfar

Vampire Loves (edition 2006)

by Joann Sfar

Member:selfnoise
Title:Vampire Loves
Authors:Joann Sfar
Info:First Second (2006), Paperback
Rating:****1/2
Tags:graphic novel, europe, fairy tales, fantasy, relationships, read 2006

Vampire Loves by Joann Sfar

I loved the artwork in this graphic novel! Ferdinand's cat was especially amusing. What I DIDN'T like was that the author put himself into the story, and when graphic novel artists do that it really irks me. ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
I loved Little Vampire and was hoping this would be a continuation. Only it was completely different--a grown up vampire suffering from ennui, looking for love, meanders from story to story with strange half-realized plots (stuck on an ocean liner, a murder mystery, etc.) The drawing is as good as anything Joann Sfar has done, the combination of a real and spooky world marvelously rendered, but I just did not find the stories or characters particularly exciting. Would read just about anything else by him before this. ( )
  nosajeel | Jun 21, 2014 |
I fell in love with this graphic novel. It has a little bit of everything....humor, awkward love, mystery, adventure. I especially enjoyed the snippet written from the perspective of creatures created from "monster putty." ( )
  diovival | Oct 14, 2013 |
Random graphic novel about a vampire and his failed love affairs. A bit surreal, but entertaining. Funny art. ( )
  saholc | Jun 5, 2011 |
Sfar’s wiggly linework is perfectly suited to drawing these creatures. When Ferdinand flies dejectedly home, you can almost see the resignation and unhappiness trailing behind him in the air. The personalities are involving — they seem like people you could know, three-dimensional, with complex motivations and impulses.

Someone knocks at the castle door.

A collection of four graphic comics that follow the strange and romantic adventures of Ferdinand the vampire and his friends.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,792,875 books! | Top bar: Always visible