The Purl Stitch by Sally Melville

Like volume 1 in this series on the knit stitch, this book has nice photography, simple classic patterns and very clear instructions. Including the purl stitch opens up many more possibilities than are available in the first volume. I would recommend that beginners buy both volumes together.

I particularly like the instructions for making socks. I have many knitting books, magazines and pamphlets, and strangely, very few contain good instructions for customizing socks so they are the perfect size. I frequently return to Melville's instructions when making a new pair of socks. ( )
1 vote mathgirl40 | Jun 24, 2009 |
Same gripe as volume 1; same positive comments -- except that these patterns also use the purl stitch. I'm not sure a complete beginner would be perfectly happy just skipping to this book. There is some repetition between the two, but The Purl Stitch only repeats by way of review.

If you're a beginner, I suggest purchasing both volumes 1 & 2 at the same time, and using them together. ( )
  bookweirdo | Mar 11, 2007 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,221,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible