Diamond Solitaire by Peter Lovesey

Diamond Solitaire (1992)

by Peter Lovesey

Series: Peter Diamond (2)

Now, this is Peter Lovesey at his best. Some of the slick writing that appears in later books does not appear here. True, the Peter Diamon here is a much broader character not bogged down by the requirements of his job as Detective Superintendent, but this Peter Diamond is a more interesting character than usual. ( )
  DeaconBernie | Jun 20, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this. I had some trouble at first following the various storylines, but I got the hang of it and was captivated. Quite the page turner. Good solid mystery. Great detective. I look forward to tracking down more of this series. I want to get to know Peter Diamond better. Audio production was great. I love Simon Prebble as a narrator. ( )
  njcur | Jun 7, 2016 |
So far I have found this mystery series to be enjoyable. Peter Diamond is the last of the old-school English detective, a true gumshoe. In fact, he was fired from the police service and in this story is a security guard at Harrod's. He has taken up the investigation of a small mute child abandoned in the store while he was on duty. Unfortunately it's a bit too far-fetched to be completely satisfying. ( )
  VivienneR | Mar 7, 2016 |
Loved the 2nd one, too. The actual mystery seemed a bit unbelievable - the convoluted way the child was wound into the mystery, the rationale behind all the events - but Diamond is fantastic regardless. ( )
  4hounds | Sep 1, 2014 |
This is a wonderful series. This particular entry involves Big Pharma, a Sumo wrestler, and police forces on several continents. You never know what will happen next with Peter Diamond. ( )
  DowntownLibrarian | Nov 13, 2013 |
Lovesey really does turn a neat plot, and if I wasn't exactly stunned by any particular revelation, neither did I feel that I'd been cheated anywhere along the line.

Peter Loveseyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kay, ChristopherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Prebble, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
An alert shattered the silence in Harrods, a piercing, continuous note.

When an autistic Japanese child is mysteriously abducted in London, ex-police detective Peter Diamond begins a desperate search that takes him from the sumo-wrestling world of Japan to New York's high finance district. 20,000 first printing. $20,000 ad/promo. Tour.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:15 -0400)

Private investigator Peter Diamond's search for a Japanese girl's identity leads to murder, drugs, and the Mafia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,371,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible