The Last Apprentice: Wrath of the Bloodeye…

The Last Apprentice: Wrath of the Bloodeye (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Joseph Delaney

5492018,225 (4.16)5
Member:DeathsMistress
Title:The Last Apprentice: Wrath of the Bloodeye
Authors:Joseph Delaney
Info:Greenwillow Books (2008), Library Binding, 528 pages

The Last Apprentice: Wrath of the Bloodeye by Joseph Delaney (2008)

Exciting

More than once we fear the worse with the fend chasing Tom. And the scenes where he shows himself are amazing. ( )
  jmbenedetto | Sep 4, 2016 |
Water Witches...

Wrath of the Bloodeye is the fifth book in The Last Apprentice/Wardstone Chronicles series. All of the main characters, Tom, Alice and the Spook are once again battling the dark. Tom has a temporary new master, Bill Arkwright, for six months to teach him all of the things he needs to know to battle water witches. He gets to put that knowledge to use pretty quickly. Alice, my favorite character and Tom get into some trouble with the Spook in this one so I'm looking forward to the next book to see what happens with that.

My 10-year old son likes listening to this series with me in the car too. We really like the narrator and the voices he uses for the characters. There is never a dull moment either so once we start listening to him, we both get right into the story. Overall a really fun series! Moving on to book six...
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
Wrath of the Bloodeye --- just might be my favorite in The Last Apprentice series to date. It is the fifth book, and intriguing and compelling. After a band of military deserters over power and attempt to sell Thomas Ward into the army as a soldier,the Spook, Old Gregory, wants to toughen up his young apprentice. Also, he is concerned about the Fiend (from book 4) being loose, and possibly still after Ward.

The decision is made that for six months, Bill Arkwright (a former apprentice and current Spook in a neighboring County), will teach Ward. They will focus on fighting and defending ones self. Arkwright has additional demons that are out of control, and though Gregory is aware of them, he still believes sending Ward is the best move. Not wanting to be away from Alice, Ward reluctantly agrees to the temporary assignment.

The newest threat is Morwena, a water witch. Where many witches cannot cross running water, a water witch thrives in it. They are very dangerous. Arkwright and Ward must battle the creature. It looks like the Fiend is closing in on Ward as well.

With dangerous bogs, and rising tides, with people kidnapped, and witches everywhere, Ward finds himself in a desperate place where he must choose between doing what is right, and doing what will save more lives. Choices are all around him. Many will only serve to anger Gregory. Most will save his life.

Great secrets of family lineage are revealed. The book ends on a terrible cliff hanger. I want to say more about how upsetting the last few chapters are, but will not spoil it for readers.

All I can tell you is I am thrilled I have Book 6 sitting right beside me!

Phillip Tomasso
Amazon Best Selling Author
The Vaccination Trilogy
Damn the Dead
Young Blood: The Nightbreed Saga ( )
  ptom3 | May 2, 2015 |
This is starting to be my favorite horror fantasy book franchise. I really like this franchise because the details helps me explain what is happening in this book. It is scary, and wicked because it has witches in this book franchise. Again this is one of my favorite horror fantasy book franchise ever ( )
  parkang | May 15, 2014 |
Oh this was an excellent book. There is an ass-load to learn about relationships. Tom and Alice have a huge fight about him going to town, and he gets mugged from some deserters who say they're recruiting for the Nation's Army. Alice saves him and Mr.Gregory runs the thugs off. The Spook is reluctant of sending him to the training that has kept on the back burner.
Tom is sent to one of John Gregory's former apprentices turned Spook of the county. Bill mostly deals with the Aquatic witches. He also seem (to me anyhow) an extremely violent Wine-O. His situation for the drunken behavior though is also pretty over the top.
Very much like Monkey D. Luffy's most traumatic event to date...

I very much liked his teaching method though. I was reminded of Larten Crepsley from the Darren Shan saga. He was an interesting character, but I did see a bit of the direction this was going.

You do get to read about Grimalkin, the Assassin Witch, again. So that part was exciting, and creepy. I'm just wondering if the series is going to have a chick like this...

And with that I have to get to other reviews to write about tonight. So Cheers and Happy Reading!

wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
To Marie
Carrying my staff, I went into the kitchen and picked up my empty sack.

"I've already drunk my fill of blood, so live a little longer. Breathe for a while and watch what's about to unfold."

Thomas Ward has spent two years as the Spook's apprentice. He's faced unimaginable peril, and survived. But a new danger has emerged: an ancient water witch, Bloodeye, is roaming the County intent on destroying everything in her path. To strengthen his skills, Tom is sent to the far north to train with the demanding Bill Arkwright. Arkwright lives in a haunted mill on the edge of a treacherous marsh, and his training methods prove to be harsh and sometimes cruel. Will Tom's new bag of tricks be enough to overcome a critical mistake that leaves him confronting Bloodeye on his own?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:45 -0400)

The continuing adventures of Tom, the seventh son of a seventh son and apprentice to the local Spook, who faces danger and death daily in his job protecting the region from evil.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,243,316 books! | Top bar: Always visible