Kindred in Death by J.D. Robb

Kindred in Death

by J.D. Robb

Series: In Death (29)

English (28)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (29)
I knew this was a horribly written book, even as I read it.

I've never read Nora Roberts: the romance version of this must be obscene. The Roarke scenes had me dying.

dysmonia | Apr 15, 2014 |
If I could give this book ten stars I would. It was wrenching and satisfying. It tops out as my absolute favorite of the series so far. I don't think I've ever hated the bad guy as much or cheered harder at the catch. ( )
  joycrazy | Nov 25, 2013 |
This book started out slow for me. I can't say for sure if it was the book or just a personal issue with me, but it did pick up after the first quarter or so.

I think one of the problems I'm having with the series lately is that Eve is mellowing out. She's still kick-ass, but she's losing her hard edge. That's ok, because I definitely want to see her grow and change. But it kind of takes something away from the stories, too.

The case was interesting and I enjoyed watching Eve puzzle through it. One of the best things about these novels is watching her walk through the murders in her mind.

Overall this was better than one or two of her more recent entries, but it wasn't as good as many of the early ones. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

J.D. Robbprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Welcome, kindred glooms!
Congenial horrors, hail!- James Thomson
A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies. - Tennyson
She'd died and gone to heaven.

When the newly promoted captain of the NYPSD and his wife return a day early from their vacation, they were looking forward to spending time with their bright and vivacious sixteen-year-old daughter who had stayed behind.

Not even their worst nightmares could have prepared them for the crime scene that awaited them instead. Brutally murdered in her bedroom, Deena's body showed signs of trauma that horrified even the toughest of cops; including our own Lieutenant Eve Dallas, who was specifically requested by the captain to investigate.

When the evidence starts to pile up, Dallas and her team think they are about to arrest their perpetrator; little do they know yet that someone has gone to great lengths to tease and taunt them by using a variety of identities. Overconfidence can lead to careless mistakes. But for Dallas, one mistake might be all she needs to bring justice.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas and her team investigate the brutal murder of the sixteen-year-old daughter of a newly promoted captain of the NYPSD.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,885,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible