Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Angel Falls by Kristin Hannah

Angel Falls

by Kristin Hannah

Angel Falls by Kristin Hannah
Starts out with a young boy whos surprised his mom by saddling her house and it's Halloween. After the accident the kids accompany their dad Michael-a doctor to the hospital til they know more.
He calls her mother and she comes the next day to help with the children and pray for her daughter's recovery. She's in a coma now...such heartbreak as they try to continue on with their lives while praying and hoping Mika comes out of the coma.
Leo figures out what triggers her memory and he has to make a hard decision to contact her first husband. Just when that is all devastating there are other hard choices and things Leo and Mika had planned to tell the kids together...
She has to come to some hard truths and let those who she cares for know what's in her heart.
Didn't see this ending, but it's a great story.
  jbarr5 | Nov 1, 2018 |
This was a light, summer read which will appeal to many women but while I liked it, I found it too sappy and unbelievable at times to really enjoy. I loved "Winter Garden" by the same author, however, this novel wasn't as thought-provoking or as complex which was a disappointment ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
A good book with a dramatic beginning but I felt the sad situation dragged a bit. It did get interesting midway and I was quite anxious to see how things played out. Mikaela falls from a horse and goes into a coma. Her husband Dr Liam is devastated yet must hold his family together.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
A mother's accident throws her into a coma. While trying to hold his family together while she lies unresponsive for months, her husband learns more about her past and takes courageous steps to help her. I enjoyed this book. ( )
  wareagle78 | Feb 3, 2014 |
Spoilers**** Sorry***

I read one book by Kristin Hannah a couple years ago and really enjoyed it, so this was a pretty disappointing read for me. I thought the writing in this novel wasn't nearly as tight as in the other book I read by her (Night Road).

The plot in this book (by her own description in the interview in the back of the book - a "coma book" ) is so forced and contrived I had a really hard time getting through to the end.

There is so much that just is ridiculous in this book - it is one thing to accept things and suspend disbelief - but so little of this book rang true that it was a chore to read. From the undiscovered Hollywood marriage - to the coma - to her migrant worker background and how she met and married Julien True - it was all just absurd.

I noticed that this book was a pretty early one for Hannah. I think I won't completely strike her off my list but I think I will try a more recent book for sure if I try her again. ( )
  alanna1122 | Jul 18, 2013 |
For Benjamin and Tucker
In northwest Washington state, jagged granite mountains reach for the misty sky, their peaks inaccessible even in this age of helicopters and high-tech adventurers.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345484274, Paperback)

Nestled into the hills of the Northern Cascade Mountains in Washington state, Liam and Mike (Michaela) Campbell have a picture-perfect marriage and family. While Liam enjoys the comforts of being a small-town doctor with an old family name, Mike cares for their two children and her beloved horses. But when a horrible accident leaves Mike in a coma, Liam frantically searches for a way to ignite her memories and awaken her. What he discovers makes him question the foundations of their love, as Mike has a secret past as "Kayla" and a previous marriage to her first love, Julian True. Though still in a coma, Mike responds to these stories. Liam knows he must contact Julian, and gamble his future on the past memories of a woman whose true identity and feelings are unknown to him.

Kristin Hannah's talent for writing poignant tales of duty, passion, identity and family bonds made last year's On Mystic Lake a bestseller, and will certainly rake in the fans this time. (Imagine Danielle Steel without the Gucci bags or aging corporate CEOs.) While the majority of the novel has our heroine knocked out on a hospital gurney, Hannah makes valiant efforts to bring Mike's character to life, and Liam's enduring love should keep you rooting for him and reaching for the hanky. --Nancy R.E. O'Brien

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:05 -0400)

Dr. Liam Campbell, desperate to reach his wife Mikaela after an accident that has left her in a lingering coma, contacts her ex-husband, movie star Julian True, and then must deal with the consequences when she wakes up with retrograde amnesia, remembering nothing of the past fifteen years, including her marriage and children with Liam.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,419,858 books! | Top bar: Always visible