Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

On Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah

On Mystic Lake

by Kristin Hannah

Shame on me for doubting Kristin Hannah. I went into this with low expectations since this was an older book from the author. It was just as amazing as all of the others I have read. I loved it. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Aug 27, 2018 |
This is an older Kristin Hannah book and a great read. Annie is very typically a woman who was raised with the idea that you needed a man who could provide for you. Any married woman who feels that the responsibility for a happy marriage rests on her will see herself in this book. You know how it will end by the journey to get there is very well written. ( )
  joannemonck | Nov 4, 2015 |
I don't read that many books of the romance genre. This one I picked off Audible during a sale since I've been wanting to read Kristin Hannah for awhile. I really liked it. The story held my attention and I didn't find my mind wandering to other thing while listening like sometimes happens to me. Great, easy, refreshing read! ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Jun 10, 2015 |
Mid-life crisis wealthy lawyer husband leaves his wife for a younger woman. Predicable but none the less enjoyable romance. ( )
  booklovers2 | Mar 30, 2015 |
This story got off to a powerful start and just kept getting more intense. I was totally absorbed experiencing all the emotions. Annie's husband tells her he is in love with another woman. She returns to her hometown where she re-connects with childhood friend Nick and his young daughter who are also grieving. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345471172, Paperback)

What do you do when everything you hold dear, everything you believe yourself to be, proves not to be true? Like Scarlett O'Hara, you go home, if not to Tara, then to the last place that you felt like you. Award-winning author Kristin Hannah makes her hardcover debut by taking readers to just such a place in On Mystic Lake. As her only child leaves to study abroad and her husband admits his love for a younger woman, Annie Colwater feels invisible. Having devoted herself to being the best wife and mother she could be for the last 20 years, Annie no longer knows who she is. She heads home to her father and to Mystic, Washington--where she grew up, where the dreams she barely remembers first blossomed, and where her first love, Nick Delacroix, still lives. Back in Mystic, Annie receives a healthy dose of perspective: Nick's wife has recently committed suicide, leaving Nick to find solace in the bottom of a Scotch bottle while his 6-year-old daughter, Izzie--who hasn't spoken since her mother's death--is doing her best to "disappear" just like Mommy. Annie volunteers to care for Izzie, since Nick cannot understand what his grieving daughter needs. And in the process, Annie recovers herself, the woman she thought gone forever, while Nick realizes that his future lies with Annie and Izzie. Just when the future starts to look bright for the three, Annie is faced with a devastating choice between the life she thought had left her behind, and a new beginning with Nick and Izzie, who helped to unearth her forgotten dreams. Kristin Hannah has produced a treasure of a book, one that will make you cry and will strike a chord in anyone who has ever had to pick up the pieces and start over. --Alison Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:56 -0400)

Annie Colwater's husband has just confessed that he's in love with a younger woman. Devastated, Annie retreats to the small town where she grew up. There, she is reunited with her first love, Nick Delacroix, a recent widower who is unable to cope with his silent, emotionally scarred young daughter. Together, the three of them begin to heal. But just when Annie believes she's been given a second chance at happiness, her world is turned upside down again, and she is forced to make a choice that no woman in love should ever have to make--Publisher's description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,482,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible