Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

When Lightning Strikes by Kristin Hannah

When Lightning Strikes (1994)

by Kristin Hannah

When Lightening Strikes by Kristan Hannah
Romance author, Elana Castanza has sent her daughter off to the wilds for survival field training and they won't be able to talk for over 12 days.
During the storm she is writing her story and when lightening strikes she wakes up and she's in the story she was writing. The west is a place for forgiving.
Kidnapped by Killian in the western plot she was writing, 100 years in the past. She knows what is going to happen at the bank robbery, she had written the book scenes.
Problem is some things are not going the way she had written them. After days of not waking up in her regular bed she just wants to get back to her daughter-in the real world.
She tells the others her story and they do believe her as she knows Killain's real name, his wifes name and circumstances that led to her death. Nobody but Killian knows of the truth.
The old wise woman tells her they are soulmates and she almost believes her as time goes on...
He used to be a caring loving hero and when he finds her gone he thinks again he's back to his normal self-caring for others. Steamy hot sex scenes and he does want to help her get back to her daughter...
1 vote jbarr5 | Mar 25, 2015 |
An interesting plot in this time travel romance but most of the story was the main characters ruminating on how empty they were with their deep dark terrible past. I skimmed a lot. Writer Alaina is thrown back in time to one of her novels where she is kidnapped by outlaw Killian.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
This is probably my least favorite Kristin Hannah book. If you have never read any of her books do not start with this one unless you like westerns. If you like the time travel aspect read Once in Every Lifetime. I have loved nearly everything of Kristin Hannah's (She does female relationships so well), but not this one. ( )
  dara85 | Feb 28, 2014 |
Lainie a writer of western novels. Gets struck by lightining and pulled back in time to 1894 in her own novel. She knows all the characters and walks in on a robbery she was writing. She completley catches everyone off guard so therefore they drag her along to their camp. She tries to tell them she is in a dream. However they do not believe her. She fights to get back to her own time. But along her journey she and John Killian find their way into each others hearts. When it is time for Lainie to go back to her own time she is torn a must read to find out just what happens. ( )
  MonicaLynn | Jun 13, 2013 |
I read this book way back when and this is a reread for me. I don't always love time travel books, but I love this premise - Alaina Costanza drinks too much one stormy night, falls asleep on her computer and wakes up - in her fictional world. Except that it's not quite right, small facts are askew and she can't wake up, damn it! Also she's not being rescued by her hero Joe. Instead she's stuck with her villian - John Killian. And he's both less evil and more... rude, than she expected. And then all sorts of magic takes place. This is a deeply moving romance about broken people finding love. Their pasts are filled with tragedy and deep regrets and yet they strive, as we all do, for connection. I loved both of them and was happy to spend time with them. ( )
  amf0001 | Nov 9, 2009 |
Down the Rabbit Hole
All this time the guard was looking at her,
first through a telescope,
then through a microscope,
then through an opera glass,
at last he said, "You're traveling the wrong way," and shut up the window...

"No, no, the adventures first," said the Gryphon in an impatient tone.
The explanations take such a dreadful time.

--from the works of Lewis Carroll
To my father-in-law, Fred who wanted a western.
To my sister, Laura, for all her help and encouragement and
to my everyday heroes Benjamin and Tucker.
Love makes believers of us all.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0449149080, Mass Market Paperback)

During a magical storm, romance writer Alaina Costanza is hurled back in time, into the Western world of her latest novel. There she is kidnapped by her own character, a ruthless outlaw known only as Killian. Thrown together by fate, Alaina and Killian will discover a love too magnificent to last a single lifetime. But even magic has a price, and time is running out. For the sake of Alaina's child, they must risk it all and fight for a future than depends on lightning striking . . . twice.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:02 -0400)

Alaina Cozstanza falls asleep one night while working at her computer and wakes up in Fortune Flats, the town in her latest novel, 100 years earlier, where she falls in love with the villain rather than with the sheriff.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,482,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible