First Impressions: First ImpressionsBlithe…

First Impressions: First ImpressionsBlithe Images (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Nora Roberts

Member:mstx
Title:First Impressions: First ImpressionsBlithe Images
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Silhouette (2008), Edition: Regular Print/Single Titl, Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Hunter-sands, Your library

First Impressions [and] Blithe Images by Nora Roberts (2008)

Quick delightful stories. Were better than I thought they would be. ( )
  soosthemoose | Dec 16, 2016 |
First Impressions: A nice story about a girl that moves back home after the death of her grandmother and turns her home into a little antique shop. Of course what kind of story would it be if there wasn't some mysterious, good looking stranger that moved into town not long ago, just across the way from her. An enjoyable short story romance.

Blithe Images: I found this story somewhat irritating. It was a bit over the top with the "innocent" model falling in love with the rich magazine owner. It was hard to relate to and I did not find the characters very realistic. ( )
  Silversi | Feb 18, 2013 |
First Impressions: I'd call this formulaic crap if it wasn't so well written. I genuinely liked both Vance and Shane (although I hate their names) and thought there was good character development, especially with Vance. However, it's very much the "he has secrets and doesn't tell her until she finds out from someone else, even though he totally meant to, and she's super pissed" trope. Decent enough escapist reading. Obviously a repackaged Silhouette title.
Blithe Images: Threw it at the wall. I have to say straight off that I am not a fan of borderline abusive "alpha" heroes. When Bret, who happens to be Hillary's boss, compels her to lunch with him despite her reluctance, straight up says "I rarely listen to 'but' or 'no.'", then stalks her to a club where she's on a date, makes her dance with him, then physically and forcibly restrains her from leaving the dance floor until she agrees to call him by his first name, and when she complains he hurt her tells her he thinks she's tough and can take it, I was completely done. That is never acceptable. I refuse to read about her falling in love with this a$$hole.
First Impressions: 3 stars
Blithe Images : half a star, if not less
Together: 2 stars ( )
  EmScape | Feb 7, 2011 |
I gave this book 4 stars because I am a sucker for a happy endings and Christmasy books. The stories are cheesy, predictable and you can tell they are early Nora Roberts. However, you know this when you pick it up. They are nice stories with lovable characters, of course and I really enjoyed reading them. ( )
  melissam322 | Dec 21, 2008 |
First Impressions: The morning sun shot shafts of light over the mountains.
Blithe Images: The girl twisted and turned under the lights, her shining black hair swirling around her as various expressions flitted across her striking face.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037328571X, Mass Market Paperback)

Escaping the traps of gold-digging women, wealthy businessman Vance Banning moves to rural Maryland. All he wants is peace, quiet and to keep away from women. The last thing he needs is his sassy, sexy neighbor Shane Abbott. But he has no idea how determined Shane will be when it comes to giving a helping hand—or a loving heart.

When small-town girl Hilary Baxter is offered a prestigious six-month modeling contract by Bret Bardoff, handsome, charming and the owner and publisher of fashionable Mode Magazine, the sky is the limit. Thrust into a glamorous career in New York, Hilary knows she has it all…except for the one thing she really wants: Bret's love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:13 -0400)

A wealthy businessman reinvents himself as an out-of-work carpenter in a rural town where he falls in love with his neighbor, and a magazine mogul sets his sights on a fashion model who surprises him with her innocence.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,451,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible