Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen…

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (2000)

by Doreen Cronin, Besty Lewin (Illustrator)

4,2092481,186 (4.38)43

I love the illustrations in this book! Farmer Brown's problem begin when his cows learn to type and start leaving him notes around the farm. ( )
  skm88 | Jun 8, 2014 |
I thought "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type" by Doreen Cronin was really fun book. I thought Betsy Lewin's illustrations of the cows and their love for note writing made the text even funnier. I enjoyed the back and forth arguments to the farmer's frustration and the fact that the author made the ducks a "neutral party", especially when it leads to them getting. I thought the author's theme of standing up for you rights was delivered in a hilarious way. ( )
  awhite43 | May 13, 2014 |
Joy! Oh this was so hysterically absurd, but in a great way. I loved the illustrations with their variations on colors. The cows were just so funny. Farmer Brown was a good sport, and the duck was neutral to the whole thing. I say good work!
Cheers and Happy Reading Kids! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
This is a modern fantasy picture book for kindergarten -2nd graders. This is a FUNNY story! I was very entertained and amused with the bold and bright illustrations, and the unpredictable plot line. I thought this was a very creative book; it was a simple idea yet an automatic classic in my books. The main idea for this story is that words can be powerful, and literacy could help your friends around you. Cows on strike for electric blankets…if that’s not funny I don’t know what is. ( )
  BeckieZimmerman | May 10, 2014 |
Overall, I felt this was a good children’s book and an enjoyable story. First of all, I really liked the authors’ style throughout the story. For instance, the author used appropriate relations between the animals and the noises they make/things they produce (milk, eggs/moo, quack). The second element that I enjoyed was the illustrations as I felt their color and mood matched the story. To be specific, my favorite image was that of the cows hovering around one another watching one of the cows type on the type-writer. The third element that I enjoyed was the story itself and how it makes the reader think about a more serious topic, but in a funny way. The story is about injustice, specifically how the cows/hens aren’t not being tended to as well as they should, so they go on strike until they are treated better. In the end, I felt the message of this story was fight for things that you want and stand up to injustice.
  tricha11 | May 9, 2014 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lewin, BestyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my Dad -D.C.
To Sue Dooley - B.L.
Farmer Brown has a problem.
"Dear Cows and Hens: There will be no electric blankets. You are cows and hens. I demand milk and eggs. Sincerely, Farmer Brown"

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689832133, Hardcover)

The literacy rate in Farmer Brown's barn goes up considerably once his cows find an old typewriter and begin typing. To the harassed farmer's dismay, his communicative cows quickly become contentious:

Dear Farmer Brown,
The barn is very cold at night. We'd like some electric blankets.
Sincerely,
The Cows

When he refuses to comply with their demands, the cows take action. Farmer Brown finds another note on the barn door: "Sorry. We're closed. No milk today." Soon the striking cows and Farmer Brown are forced to reach a mutually agreeable compromise, with the help of an impartial party--the duck. But this poor, beleaguered farmer's "atypical" troubles are not over yet!

This hilarious tale will give young rebels-in-the-making a taste of the power of peaceful protest and the satisfaction of cooperative give and take. Witty watercolors by award-winning illustrator Betsy Lewin (Snake Alley Band, Araminta's Paint Box) will make this a favorite for one and all, even if words such as "ultimatum" and "neutral" throw the younger set. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:57 -0400)

When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn they start making demands, and go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,690,751 books! | Top bar: Always visible