Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen…

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (original 2000; edition 2011)

by Doreen Cronin, Betsy Lewin (Illustrator), Randy Travis (Reader)

Member:cschull
Title:Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
Authors:Doreen Cronin
Other authors:Betsy Lewin (Illustrator), Randy Travis (Reader)
Info:Little Simon (2011), Edition: Pap/Com, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:picture book, Caldecott Honor, Visual Literacy assignment

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin (2000)

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type is a book in which the cows learned how to type. They are cold, and would like to get electric blankets. Then, the hens got in on the deal, and when Farmer Brown decided he would not go along with their plans, both the cows and hens went on strike. They would not give Farmer Brown milk or eggs, and Farmer Brown is a farmer! He needs the milk and eggs to sell. The cows and hens make a deal with Farmer Brown to get what they wanted; however, they handed their typewriter over to the ducks! The ducks wanted a diving board for their pond. ( )
  jlaurendine | Mar 17, 2015 |
Filled with wit and humor, this is a cute story about compromising that will engage the children. ( )
  RachelBowers | Mar 3, 2015 |
This book is full of wit and fun animal characters. As the animals write letters to get what they desire from Farmer Brown, this book could be used to discuss persuasive writing. ( )
  EliseMT | Feb 10, 2015 |
Summary
Farmer Brown’s cows found a type writer in the barn and began typing Farm Brown notes. The notes demanded goods that the animals wanted. When Farmer Brown refused to provide the animals with their demands the animals went on strike. Farmer Brown had to come to an agreement with his animals so they would provide him with milk and eggs.

Personal Reaction
As a child I helped my grandpa and dad on the farm. I loved helping feed the cows. My sister and I had a couple calves that we feed with bottles. This book reminded me of my childhood and how much fun I had living on the farm.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1.In the classroom, we could create our own farm animal puppets using popsicle sticks and paper.
2.We could dress up like farmers and learn about the different farm animals.
  HaleyMcPherson | Feb 9, 2015 |
Interesting book… not sure I would recommend it
  KaylaAnn715 | Feb 2, 2015 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lewin, BestyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my Dad -D.C.
To Sue Dooley - B.L.
Farmer Brown has a problem.
"Dear Cows and Hens: There will be no electric blankets. You are cows and hens. I demand milk and eggs. Sincerely, Farmer Brown"

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689832133, Hardcover)

The literacy rate in Farmer Brown's barn goes up considerably once his cows find an old typewriter and begin typing. To the harassed farmer's dismay, his communicative cows quickly become contentious:

Dear Farmer Brown,
The barn is very cold at night. We'd like some electric blankets.
Sincerely,
The Cows

When he refuses to comply with their demands, the cows take action. Farmer Brown finds another note on the barn door: "Sorry. We're closed. No milk today." Soon the striking cows and Farmer Brown are forced to reach a mutually agreeable compromise, with the help of an impartial party--the duck. But this poor, beleaguered farmer's "atypical" troubles are not over yet!

This hilarious tale will give young rebels-in-the-making a taste of the power of peaceful protest and the satisfaction of cooperative give and take. Witty watercolors by award-winning illustrator Betsy Lewin (Snake Alley Band, Araminta's Paint Box) will make this a favorite for one and all, even if words such as "ultimatum" and "neutral" throw the younger set. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:57 -0400)

When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn they start making demands, and go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,143,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible