Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen…

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (original 2000; edition 2011)

by Doreen Cronin, Betsy Lewin (Illustrator), Randy Travis (Reader)

Member:cschull
Title:Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
Authors:Doreen Cronin
Other authors:Betsy Lewin (Illustrator), Randy Travis (Reader)
Info:Little Simon (2011), Edition: Pap/Com, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:picture book, Caldecott Honor, Visual Literacy assignment

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin (2000)

Hilarious! I enjoyed this silly tale of literate cows and their typing frenzy. Kids will enjoy the sound-words and adults will enjoy the farm yard antics. Highly recommend. ( )
  empress8411 | Aug 7, 2014 |
Hilarious and creative, this was a fun read. Farmer Brown's problems begin when his cows find a manual typewriter and discover how to use the keyboard.

Posting various notes throughout the farm for Farmer Brown, they at first demand warm blankets when it is cold.

Then, the chickens get in out the demands. All too soon Farmer Brown has a farm with no milk or eggs.
The ducks, previously neural arbitrate so that the farm can run smoothly.

The cow's will give up the typewriter in return for warm blankets. Then, the ducks, bored with their little pond, find power and demand a diving board.

The illustrations are humorous, the text brings a smile to the reader, and this silly book is a bright, sunny tale of empowerment gone amok. ( )
  Whisper1 | Jul 30, 2014 |
I love the illustrations in this book! Farmer Brown's problem begin when his cows learn to type and start leaving him notes around the farm. ( )
  skm88 | Jun 8, 2014 |
I thought "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type" by Doreen Cronin was really fun book. I thought Betsy Lewin's illustrations of the cows and their love for note writing made the text even funnier. I enjoyed the back and forth arguments to the farmer's frustration and the fact that the author made the ducks a "neutral party", especially when it leads to them getting. I thought the author's theme of standing up for you rights was delivered in a hilarious way. ( )
  awhite43 | May 13, 2014 |
Joy! Oh this was so hysterically absurd, but in a great way. I loved the illustrations with their variations on colors. The cows were just so funny. Farmer Brown was a good sport, and the duck was neutral to the whole thing. I say good work!
Cheers and Happy Reading Kids! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lewin, BestyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my Dad -D.C.
To Sue Dooley - B.L.
Farmer Brown has a problem.
"Dear Cows and Hens: There will be no electric blankets. You are cows and hens. I demand milk and eggs. Sincerely, Farmer Brown"

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689832133, Hardcover)

The literacy rate in Farmer Brown's barn goes up considerably once his cows find an old typewriter and begin typing. To the harassed farmer's dismay, his communicative cows quickly become contentious:

Dear Farmer Brown,
The barn is very cold at night. We'd like some electric blankets.
Sincerely,
The Cows

When he refuses to comply with their demands, the cows take action. Farmer Brown finds another note on the barn door: "Sorry. We're closed. No milk today." Soon the striking cows and Farmer Brown are forced to reach a mutually agreeable compromise, with the help of an impartial party--the duck. But this poor, beleaguered farmer's "atypical" troubles are not over yet!

This hilarious tale will give young rebels-in-the-making a taste of the power of peaceful protest and the satisfaction of cooperative give and take. Witty watercolors by award-winning illustrator Betsy Lewin (Snake Alley Band, Araminta's Paint Box) will make this a favorite for one and all, even if words such as "ultimatum" and "neutral" throw the younger set. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:57 -0400)

When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn they start making demands, and go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,116,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible