Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus by…

Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus (1992)

by Barbara Park

Spring
  julieabc | Mar 15, 2015 |
Junie b Jones is a good book to get kids to like reading. It is easy to read and enjoyable. It teaches moral lessons and is a good tool to help develop reading skills.
  harleybrenton | Mar 12, 2015 |
I really liked this book about a girl named Junie B Jones, who was nervous about her first school bus ride experience, for a few reasons. Junie B. Jones is only beginning kindergarten, yet she has this bold personality that is unleashed in this first-person narrative, which engages readers like myself. For instance, chapter 1 begins with, “My name is Junie B Jones. The B stands for Beatrice. Except I don’t like Beatrice. I just like B and that is all,” which immediately gives the reader a taste for Junie B Jones’s sassy personality and what is to come later in the story. Another reason why I liked this book is because the story is written in first person, which is very humorous being told through a kindergartner's mind. For example, Junie B Jones says, “That made me feel scary inside. Cause I never rided on a bus before.” This shows the language of a kindergartner, which makes it very believable and entertaining to read. Overall, I really liked this story and the big idea- that even kindergartners can conquer their fears, big or small. ( )
  akoches | Feb 24, 2015 |
This book is the first in the Junie B. Jones series. In this book, Junie B. is starting Kindergarten. She doesn't want to ride the bus, This book is about her starting Kindergarten. I would like to use/have this in my classroom because it is a funny, relatable, and engaging story for students. I would use this with children in Kindergarten up to 2nd grade. I would read it aloud towards the beginning of school.
  JeniseRedding | Dec 7, 2014 |
In my opinion, this is a great book. One of the reasons why I liked this book is because of Junie B. Jones. Junie B. has a very big personality. She is a little sarcastic and demanding at times, but she is still a very likable character. Junie B. is also very funny at times, even if she doesn't mean to be. For example, “Her name was Mrs. --- I can’t remember the rest of it. Mrs. said I looked cute.” Another reason why I enjoyed this book was because the book was told from Junie B. Jones perspective. Junie B. Jones is in kindergarten, and the author captures Junie’s young mind perfectly. Junie’s actions and sayings are what I would expect from a child in kindergarten. “That made me feel scary inside. Cause I never rided on a bus before.” I feel like being afraid is the reaction any child would have to something new. Throughout the entire story Junie B. is afraid to ride the bus. Finally, at the end of the story Junie B. realizes that the bus isn't so bad after all. The big idea of the story is to show children that they can conquer their fears. ( )
  Chawki6 | Nov 29, 2014 |
To Cody -
who missed his bus
and inspired this book
My name is Junie B. Jones.

Remember when it was scary to go to school? 'Cause it was your first day and you didn't know anything. Meet Junie B. Jones, kindergartner. She's so scared of the school bus and the meanies on it that when it's time to go home, she doesn't.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:32 -0400)

In her own words, a young girl describes her feelings about starting kindergarten and what she does when she decides not to ride the bus home.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,175,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible