Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus by…

Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus (1992)

by Barbara Park

Other authors: Denise Brunkus (Illustrator)

Series: Junie B. Jones (1)

You *loved* this book, the character, the voice, and you regularly ask for the next one. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
The Series of Junie B. Jones made me laugh out loud harder and louder than almost anything ever has. It's hard for readers to put down the book, and when you finish one, you got to pick up the next. Junie is a feisty little girl you can't help but admire for her ruthlessness and sass and wild imagination. ( )
  astrot2 | Sep 10, 2018 |
I love Junie B. Jones. Junie is scared to ride the bus and comes amiss one afternoon. She has every one scared and worried, but she learns that you have to try new things every once in a while. In the end, she realizes that riding the bus is not so bad after all. ( )
  MarieM5 | Jul 20, 2018 |
I just had to include a Junie B. Jones book in here. I LOVED these as a child. I'm pretty sure I have read every single one. This book is all about Junie's adventures during her first time riding the bus for school. I love Junie B. Jones books because Junie is so spunky! She has such a unique personality and wild character that is so fun and engaging to read. Another thing about these books that is fun is the spelling and the language. It is written as a journal for some parts and it's so fun to see the character come to life through her own writing. I also just love the way that the author uses description through a silly, naive point of view. Her use of language in the text just fits a 1st grader so well. I am so excited to share these books with my own kids, as well as my classroom in the future! ( )
  ashleyfray | Jun 11, 2018 |
It starts off with Junie B Jones and her Mom talking to the teacher. The Mother is asking information about the bus. Junie does not want to ride the bus. At the bus stop she meets girl, the mother wants her to sit by her in the bus. The other girl with curly hair tells her the seat is already saved. She falls and someone steps on her skirt. She goes and hides under a desk. Mom is mad because no one can find her because she was in the restroom and everybody was worried that she was last. That day she did not ride the bus home her mom took her home still mad at her. The next day she was ready to ride the bus because she has a friend to sit with. A good chapter book that teaches that trying something new is not so bad. ( )
  zmercado | Apr 23, 2018 |

Barbara Parkprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brunkus, DeniseIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Cody -
who missed his bus
and inspired this book
My name is Junie B. Jones.

This book is a beginning chapter book about a young girl who is just starting kindergarten and how her first day at school goes. The point of view is told from herself. Everything that happens on the first say of school is all caused from how she does not want to ride the bus. Her mom convinces her to ride it in the morning but for the afternoon she will not ride the bus and she hides out in the school. She soon calls 911 while hiding in the school and people finally find her and she does not understand why everyone is so mad at her. However, it ends with her mom finding her a bus riding buddy and she is finally okay to ride the school bus, that she once thought was so horrible.

Remember when it was scary to go to school? 'Cause it was your first day and you didn't know anything. Meet Junie B. Jones, kindergartner. She's so scared of the school bus and the meanies on it that when it's time to go home, she doesn't.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:01 -0400)

In her own words, a young girl describes her feelings about starting kindergarten and what she does when she decides not to ride the bus home.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,969,677 books! | Top bar: Always visible