The Green Mile Book 4: The Bad Death of…

The Green Mile Book 4: The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix

by Stephen King

This was actually one of the most interesting and captivating books that I have read from Stephen King & I highly recommend it for any King fans.

I ended up getting this book from a thrift store and normally following the rules of serial books I was only able to get the last three books for the first three were nowhere in sight. As a result I started off reading "The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix" first and I was caught up in the story, knowing the one main aspect of the book and yet not knowing how it would end. Due to life events I was only able to get to "Night Journey". And then I was able to start over this time from the beginning and actually read the whole series.

The characters like most of King's older books are easy to get along with and have a very well-defined personality even with some of the minor characters. You are given a chance to enter a realistic world with very realistic people whether they are inmate, prison guards or the civilians who back up their men within this world.

The best part of this book is the fact that it isn't really a horror story as King is well-known for but an emotional story of the paranormal with some horror elements thrown in. Whether you are enjoying the whole novel put together or the serial novel format this will be one book you cannot and will not want to put down for the ending is just like King - unexpected. ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Sep 15, 2014 |
The saddest one so far, seeing the movie I know it only gets sadder. ( )
  amandafite | Mar 6, 2014 |
Things are starting to get nasty in this shocking and unnerving chapter. God, I couldn't wait for the next chapter! ( )
  srboone | Apr 3, 2013 |
This one is certainly well-named. For all I might not like his horror plots, King certainly knows how to describe gore vividly. That's a mental picture I won't be forgetting any time soon. I didn’t think I could hate Percy any more than I already did, but I managed. ( )
  melydia | Sep 24, 2011 |
I really like part four of The Green Mile. Not for any of the supernatural aspects, nor even the goings-on at Cold Mountain Penitentiary. Nah, what I really liked about The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix was the very first chapter.

(Full review at my blog) ( )
  KingRat | Jan 3, 2009 |

Is contained in

All this other writing aside, I've kept a little diary since I took up residence at Georgia Pines--no big deal, just a couple of paragraphs a day, mostly about the weather--and I looked back through it last evening.

Time has run out for one of the inmates at Cold Mountain penitentiary. Eduard is set to take that final walk down the Green Mile. But first he must say good-bye--to the guards, to his fellow inmates, and to a strange creatuare that forever changed his life. Little does he know of the terrible fate that awaits him, and of a devilish plan of revenge.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,980,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible