The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix by Stephen…

The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix (1996)

by Stephen King

English (9)  French (1)  All languages (10)
Oh good memories. Back in the days my dad gave me such a great gift. He gave me this book, part 1 and told me that from now on, I could go to the bookstore in town each month, to get the next part of the series.

So every month I ran to the bookstore and immediately delved in. Never thinking it might be better to wait till I had all of them, before reading. couldn't, even if I wanted to.

So unlike most people, I did not read the whole book in one, but i read it in 6 sessions.
I am sure I re-read the whole thing as I always did with Stephen King's books.

The only problem is, I have no clue which part is in which book, so I will give all of them the same amount of stars, and copy this review. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
This entire series is great as King weaves an incredible tale. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
This was actually one of the most interesting and captivating books that I have read from Stephen King & I highly recommend it for any King fans.

I ended up getting this book from a thrift store and normally following the rules of serial books I was only able to get the last three books for the first three were nowhere in sight. As a result I started off reading "The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix" first and I was caught up in the story, knowing the one main aspect of the book and yet not knowing how it would end. Due to life events I was only able to get to "Night Journey". And then I was able to start over this time from the beginning and actually read the whole series.

The characters like most of King's older books are easy to get along with and have a very well-defined personality even with some of the minor characters. You are given a chance to enter a realistic world with very realistic people whether they are inmate, prison guards or the civilians who back up their men within this world.

The best part of this book is the fact that it isn't really a horror story as King is well-known for but an emotional story of the paranormal with some horror elements thrown in. Whether you are enjoying the whole novel put together or the serial novel format this will be one book you cannot and will not want to put down for the ending is just like King - unexpected. ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Aug 26, 2015 |
The saddest one so far, seeing the movie I know it only gets sadder. ( )
  amandafite | Mar 6, 2014 |
Things are starting to get nasty in this shocking and unnerving chapter. God, I couldn't wait for the next chapter! ( )
  srboone | Apr 3, 2013 |

Is contained in

All this other writing aside, I've kept a little diary since I took up residence at Georgia Pines--no big deal, just a couple of paragraphs a day, mostly about the weather--and I looked back through it last evening.

Time has run out for one of the inmates at Cold Mountain penitentiary. Eduard is set to take that final walk down the Green Mile. But first he must say good-bye--to the guards, to his fellow inmates, and to a strange creatuare that forever changed his life. Little does he know of the terrible fate that awaits him, and of a devilish plan of revenge.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,265,677 books! | Top bar: Always visible