Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Call: Finding and Fulfilling the Central…

The Call: Finding and Fulfilling the Central Purpose of Your Life (edition 2003)

by Os Guinness (Author)

1,190910,289 (3.98)2
Member:BethanyChurch
Title:The Call: Finding and Fulfilling the Central Purpose of Your Life
Authors:Os Guinness (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2003), 304 pages
Tags:Passion, Hindu, atheist, secularist

The Call: Finding and Fulfilling the Central Purpose of Your Life by Os Guinness

Nice writing. ( )
  shdawson | May 1, 2017 |
Os Guinness does a wonderful job differentiating between the call of God and so many other things that we think of as our calling. While it is very devotional and while it contains enough sermon illustrations to last quite some time, the real value of the book is in Guinness's ability to articulate clearly what it means to follow the call of God in practical every day terms. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
Some good points, but often the illustrations used to express a point are poorly chosen and sometimes contradict one another. ( )
  MtrBev | Jan 20, 2016 |
I think the reason I didn't like it was that it was different than my expectations. Based on the blurb I'd read from CMDA, I thought this would be a book to help a person discover what or where their calling was. The introductory chapters only touched on this subject if they addressed it at all and I gave up a few chapters in because the book didn't seem to be helping me answer the questions that I had. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |

The Call continues to stand as a classic, reflective work on life's purpose. Best-selling author Os Guinness goes beyond our surface understanding of God's call and addresses the fact that God has a specific calling for our individual lives.

Why am I here? What is God's call in my life? How do I fit God's call with my own individuality? How should God's calling affect my career, my plans for the future, my concepts of success? Guinness now helps the reader discover answers to these questions, and more, through a corresponding workbook - perfect for individual or group study.

According to Guinness, "No idea short of God's call can ground and fulfill the truest human desire for purpose and fulfillment." With tens of thousands of readers to date, The Call is for all who desire a purposeful, intentional life of faith.

Also availbale in audio format, narrated by Os Guinness.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:21 -0400)

For centuries, finding purpose in life has been at the heart of the human quest. Yet, for many, the path to purpose remains urgent but unclear. In this best-selling modern classic, Os Guinness invites you to explore the ultimate answer to identity, meaning, and purpose. The Call speaks to the longing in every human heart and answers -- You were created with a purpose. In this new edition, The Call further enriches your search for purpose with a practical study guide to accompany you through your own journey or to facilitate group exploration. This book is for all, seekers and believers, who long to find and fulfill the purpose of their lives. Have you found "the ultimate why" for your life? Will you respond to the call?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,503,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible