Wolfcry by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Knowing that she must soon choose a mate, twenty-year-old Oliza, heir to the Wyvern throne that unites the avian and serpentine peoples, weighs the political ramifications of her choice while also longing to follow her heart.

the one thing i dislike about this is that it steers away from Zane and Danica and focuses on their daughter, who happens to have some....weird preferences when it comes to whom she's attracted to...i guess thats the best i can do while staying PC=/ ( )
  KendraFitz | Feb 27, 2017 |
Better than some of the series, average in comparison to other books in the group, Wolfcry is the semi-conclusion of nation’s history. I voice it that way because to say anything else would give away too much of the plot. There are twists, there are turns, there are abductions and there are revelations, but I’m not really sure about how they all came together to form the completion of the book. I will say that I was glad to see an important character’s sexual identity be different from those around them and to not really have anyone blink an eye about it. Those kinds of inclusions are important for young readers and the idea of not making them a big deal within the story puts a little seed in the mind that differences aren’t really as big of a deal anyway.

I will say that the conclusion of the book made me a little upset. All of the series had built up this culture and this way of life for their characters, and the end of the book just seems to toss all of that out the window. It felt a lot like doing tons of work on a major project, only to have to tear it all down again, leaving me with a very empty feeling about the series in general. There was also one character that I wish there had been more of, but who was hardly worth a few pages of the book’s time. It also felt like a lot of effort was put into his existence, only to have him tossed aside. Don't know how I'll feel about picking up the next book and reading on. When I do, it will be because I want some form of closure. ( )
  mirrani | Nov 1, 2013 |
Beautiful story - 4th in the series. This is about Oliza, the wyvern daughter of the characters in the first three books. ( )
  hoosgracie | Jul 31, 2010 |
Oliza Shardae Cobriana is the daughter of Danica and Zane. She is a wyvern, a cross between her hawk mother and cobra father - though she can assume both of their shapes, the heir to a legacy of war and distrust, a hope for peace between two peoples.

But Oliza is kipnapped and taken far from her home, trapped in her human form. But in her attempt to find her way home, she'll meet other shifters, make friends, and realize the ultimate truth about herself.

These are really good books, and I look forward to the next one in the series, Wyvernhail coming out in September.
  Ilithyia | Jan 16, 2010 |
I love Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. I NEVER saw the ending coming. This was a good like, full-circle endpoint for the parents' part in the series, I thought, and now all I need is to read Wyvernhail to get the wrap-up of the kids' lives. She's fantastic, I can't wait for the rest of her work. ( )
  BridgetMarie | Aug 25, 2009 |
Another day, and Wyvern's Court still survives.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,194,526 books! | Top bar: Always visible