The Regulators by Richard Bachman

The Regulators (original 1996; edition 1997)

by Richard Bachman

4,057441,253 (3.36)1 / 65
Member:nicole2222
Title:The Regulators
Authors:Richard Bachman
Info:Signet (1997), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages

The Regulators by Richard Bachman (1996)

Desperation by Stephen King (ElBarto, kxlly)
    ElBarto: Der Schwesterroman, erzählt eine ähnliche aber doch ganz andere Geschichte.
    Unhappy Endings by Brian Keene (Scottneumann)
    Darkness on the Edge of Town by Brian Keene (Scottneumann)
    A Gathering of Crows by Brian Keene (Scottneumann)

English (40)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All languages (43)
1996 - Desperation by Stephen King

These 2 were meant to be companion books by King using as they did the same character names, in a similar sort of peril from the same monster. A lot of reviewers said it was lazy writing at the time but I personally loved it. It added rather to my enjoyment of both rather than detracting.

Urthwild | Nov 29, 2014 |

Urthwild | Nov 29, 2014 |
"Mister, we deal in dead."
—Steve McQueen
The Magnificent Seven
Thinking of Jim Thompson and Sam Peckinpah:
legendary shadows.
Summer's here.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451191013, Mass Market Paperback)

An evil creature called Tak uses the imagination of an autistic boy to shift a residential street in small-town Ohio into a world so bizarre and brutal that only a child could think it up. It's as two-dimensional and gaudy as a kid's comic book, but for this reviewer, The Regulators is a gripping adventure tale about what happens when a mind fixated on TV (especially old Westerns and a cartoon called MotoKops 2200) runs amok. As Michael Collins writes in Necrofile, "[Stephen] King offers his readers a glimpse of the true evil of popular culture ... which has no design or intent, only an empty need to sustain itself. King is, I think, about the canniest observer of what America is, and that he generally writes horror ought to give us pause from time to time."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:55:38 -0400)

At the start of a midsummer's day, life seems idyllic on Poplar Street. However, in the house of Seth, an eight-year old autistic child, something is amiss, something which will change the entire neighborhood's concept of reality. By the end of the day, this serene Ohio suburb will become a terrifying slaughterhouse.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,433,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible