The Green Mile Book 1: The Two Dead Girls by…

The Green Mile Book 1: The Two Dead Girls

by Stephen King

This was actually one of the most interesting and captivating books that I have read from Stephen King & I highly recommend it for any King fans.

I ended up getting this book from a thrift store and normally following the rules of serial books I was only able to get the last three books for the first three were nowhere in sight. As a result I started off reading "The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix" first and I was caught up in the story, knowing the one main aspect of the book and yet not knowing how it would end. Due to life events I was only able to get to "Night Journey". And then I was able to start over this time from the beginning and actually read the whole series.

The characters like most of King's older books are easy to get along with and have a very well-defined personality even with some of the minor characters. You are given a chance to enter a realistic world with very realistic people whether they are inmate, prison guards or the civilians who back up their men within this world.

The best part of this book is the fact that it isn't really a horror story as King is well-known for but an emotional story of the paranormal with some horror elements thrown in. Whether you are enjoying the whole novel put together or the serial novel format this will be one book you cannot and will not want to put down for the ending is just like King - unexpected. ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Sep 15, 2014 |
I wish I had known there were books before I watched the movie years ago, Knowing the outcome ruins it a little bit for you, but I still give it 5 stars. The book gives you more time to fall in love with the characters all over again. ( )
  amandafite | Mar 6, 2014 |
I have read many King books and this series was one of my favourite. The story was great, and the characters wonderful. Most of all I loved the anticipation of waiting for the next part to come out. Now that was so much fun but at the same time agonizing waiting to read what happened next :) No regrets though, I am happy I read this before the single book was published. I also watched the movie and it was very true to form and I was not disappointed as I usually am when I watch a movie after I have read a book. ( )
  LorettaR | Aug 22, 2013 |
A great beginning to the serial novel. ( )
  srboone | Apr 3, 2013 |
So far it's just like the movie. I really like it. ( )
  ladonna37 | Jul 3, 2012 |

Is contained in

Dear Constant Reader, Life is a capricious business. -- from the Foreword: A Letter

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451190491, Mass Market Paperback)

The first part of Stephen King's multi-part serial novel that begins on Death Row and goes on to realms of revelation that make death seem sweet.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:38 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,394,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible