Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by M.…

Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist (1997)

by M. C. Beaton

I really liked this one. It was set in Northern Cypress, for the most part. It was a bit of a push with the overly-long Wikipedia type descriptions of things, like we used to do in college to increase the word count on thesis papers, but it was still enjoyable. ( )
  Twikpet | Mar 29, 2013 |
This is the second Agatha Raisin book I have read - although I don't quite remember the other. I dare say I won't quite remember this one either. The stories are ok for what they are, light mystery romances. Agatha is sort of an amusing aunt one might encounter at family reunions. She's fun, probably much more fun than the rest of the family, but not endearing enough to seek out on a regular basis. I wouldn't turn down another book in this series but am not compelled to seek one out either. ( )
  mrsrjd | Oct 26, 2011 |
This story takes us to Cyprus, where Agatha Raisin, detective, pursues her lost love, James Lacey. The narrative is frustrating at times, since James is hard to like, but is redeemed by the appearance of Charles Fraith, whose easygoing good humor is the perfect antidote to stuffy, ill-tempered James. The mystery drags a little, but the killer is a bit of a surprise, and the terrific ending makes up for any missteps. ( )
  bearette24 | Aug 29, 2011 |
Agatha leaves her thatched English cottage to track down James, the man who left her, in Cyprus. He doesn't seem thrilled to see her, and in fact he spends much of their time yelling at her and she spends her time cowering.
They both spend a lot of time with a group of fellow Brits- the upper class bunch led by snotty Olivia and the working class bunch led by slutty Rose. Murders among the tourist attractions give Agatha and James time to work together and fight a lot.

This is a quick read and I liked it much better than the other I had read, Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death. ( )
  mstrust | Jun 21, 2011 |
This book is dedicated with love and affection to Jackie and Bilal, and Emine and Altay.
Agatha Raisin was a bewildered and unhappy woman.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312965664, Mass Market Paperback)

Agatha Raisin's marriage was put off when her ex-husband showed up, unfortunately alive. Fortunately, he was murdered and Agatha solved the crime. Now she is off to Cyprus to track down her ex-fiance. Instead of enjoying their planned honeymoon, however, they witness the murder of an obnoxious tourist. Two sets of terrible tourists surround the unhappy couple, arousing Agatha's suspicions. And, much to James' chagrin, she won't rest until she finds the killer. Unfortunately, it seems the killer also won't rest until Agatha is out of the picture. Agatha is forced to track down the murderer, try to rekindle her romance with James, and fend off a suave baronet, all while coping with the fact that it's always bathing suit season in Cyprus.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:38 -0400)

In her sixth delightful outing, Agatha travels north of Cyprus, only to contend with her estanged fiance', an egregious group of terrible tourists, and a string of murders as scorching as the Greek sun.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,545,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible