Alcoholics Anonymous by Alcoholics Anonymous…

Alcoholics Anonymous (1939)

by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, W. Bill (Contributor)

This book and theTwelve and Twelve, plus the fellowship changed my life. ( )
  PJCWLibrary | Dec 5, 2017 |
everyone should read this.

AA is possibly the greatest invention to ever come out of the U.S.

it's one of the best selling books of all time and has, whether you agree with it or not, saved many, many lives, not to mention the good it's done for the children of alcoholic parents.

thanks, bill wilson. ( )
  Joseph_W_Naus | Jul 20, 2016 |
Forget Phill McGraw, forget Oprah, forget John Gray: Not just for alcoholics, this book is one of the best "self-help" books on the market. Very wise, very good, easy to read. ( )
  evamat72 | Mar 31, 2016 |
I'm reading this because many of my friends & my loved one live the Steps, and I want to understand better what is going on in his life.

The book is at times difficult to read, because of how it is written, which is more of a "stream of consciousness" style.

Some parts, I can not get into, but I find that if I just open the book to a random page and read, then there is some piece of knowledge/information there for me that I happen to need at the moment.

The "Big Book" has saved many lives...and I really believe that those of us who have loved ones living the steps could benefit from reading the book as well. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
This is the 4th and currently authorized edition of the Big Book for alcoholics, friends, family members and employers of alcoholics, or just those interested in the topic. The A. A. Program is based on belief in and reliance on a "Higher Power." Chapter four speaks directly to agnostics. This work includes a forward and the forwards from each of the three previous editions. The appendices include: the A. A. Tradition, spiritual experience, the medical view on A. A., the Lasker Award, the religious view on A. A., How to get in touch with A. A. and the twelves concepts (short edition) of A. A.
  uufnn | Nov 12, 2015 |

Alcoholics Anonymous World Servicesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bill, W.Contributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
War fever ran high in the New England town to which we new, young officers from Plattsburg were assigned, and we were flattered when the first citizens took us to their homes, making us feel more heroic.
But there is One who has all power--that One is God. May you find Him now. p. 59
My friend suggested what then seemed a novel idea. He said, 'Why don't you choose your own conception of God?' That statement hit me hard. It melted the icy intellectual mountain in whose shadow I had lived and shivered many years. I stood in the sunlight at last. p. 12
...they cannot start drinking without developing the phenomenon of craving. This phenomenon, as we have suggested, may be the manifestation of an allergy which differentiates these people, and sets them apart as a distinct entity. p.xviii
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-- that principle is contempt prior to investigation. Herbert Spencer p. 570
They are restless irritable and discontented, unless they can again experience the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks--drinks which they see others taking with impunity

Alcoholics Anonymous, 1976 3rd Edition (19th printing), edited & published by AA World Services, Inc. 375 pages.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:01 -0400)

Reading of the basic text of the Alcoholics Anonymous program.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,519,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible