Crimson Joy by Robert B. Parker

Crimson Joy (original 1988; edition 1989)

by Robert B. Parker

Series: Spenser (15)

Member:manorlibrary
Title:Crimson Joy
Authors:Robert B. Parker
Info:Dell (1989), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages

Crimson Joy by Robert B. Parker (1988)

Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett (benfulton)
    benfulton: Crimson Joy is not as bloody or as detailed, but still worthy.

Please see my blog for my review: Martin's View: Crimson Joy. ( )
  Martin_Maenza | Apr 14, 2017 |
Another lovely tight Spenser... High on suspense and emotional impact, but also very funny. Love this guy! ( )
  AmberMcWilliams | Oct 30, 2015 |
'Spenser' mystery - okay

A serial killer is on the loose in Beantown and the cops can't catch him. But when the killer leaves his red rose calling card for Spenser's own Susan Silverman, he gets all the attention that Spenser and Hawk can give.

Spenser plays against time while he tracks the Red Rose killer from Boston's Combat Zone to the suburbs. His trap is both daring and brave, and gives the story a satisfying climax.
  christinejoseph | Sep 15, 2015 |
Yucky ending. While all Spenser books are written in the first person, this one also has the occasional chapter in italics narrated by the killer. There is no mystery to guess beyond the fact that SPOILER Susan Silverman and Spenser both have connections to the case. ( )
  raizel | Jun 28, 2015 |
In this one, Spenser and Susan are trying hard to keep their private relationship on an even keel, even though the latest string of murders has their professional lives intersecting far too closely. This book is way farther into the series than where I am (book 2), but I jumped in to join Roberta, Donna and Mamie in a group read. There were several gaps between where I was and here: I hadn't even met Susan or Hawk yet! I liked Spenser less in this relationship than as a lady killer and I hear good things about Hawk, but he had such a minor role here. So, I guess it was a good read, but not great. I am in it of the long haul no matter what though, because I like my fellow readers! ( )
  Berly | Jul 22, 2014 |

Robert B. Parkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Prichard, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all of us
Sheridan Street in Jamaica Plain goes uphill from Center Street for about two hundred yards, crests, and heads down toward Chestnut Avenue.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440203430, Mass Market Paperback)

They call him the "Red Rose Killer" because he leaves one on the body of each woman he kills. But then the madman's eyes turn to Susan Silverman, and Spenser is on the case. For when Susan's life is in danger, Spenser becomes a hard-fisted, unstoppable locomotive--determined to bring the criminal to justice no matter what the odds!((Dell--Fiction)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:27 -0400)

Spenser is back on his home turf: a Boston of sleaze and surprises, dangerous days and deadly nights. A serial killer is on the loose in Beantown and the cops can't ctch him. called the "Red Rose Killer" because he leaves a long-stemmed red rose on each woman he slays, he's terrifying every female who has to go out after dark. But once Spenser joins the chase, the murder's trail turns toward home when a rose is left for Spenser's own Susan Silverman.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,613,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible